Litchi for phantom 3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eddycheah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261660 ft
Malaysia

Honest speaking is (Litchi App) suitable to be use for phantom 3 ?
2016-5-8
Use props
keongwee85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331391 ft
Malaysia

apparently it is suppose to be quiet good ... but haven tried it as it cost USD 20 ...
2016-5-8
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Litchi is a very good app that allows you to do orbits, waypoints and more and has the fantastic feature that you can plan all these things on your PC or Mac on their website and upload the result later to your iPad/iPhone/Android when you're ready to fly.

Yes, it will cost you a bit of money but i'm sometimes a bit surprised that people who paid 1300 $ for a drone refrain from paying 20 $ for an app ??
2016-5-8
Use props
superik.nice
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184058 ft
France

hello Eddy,
I use both DJI Go and Litchi on my phantom 3 ADV : I m satisfied of both softwares.
there are some interresting advanced mode on litchi, as PhantFran said.
You can plan the waypoint on the map (you don t need to records the waypoint in live, like dji go), the Orbit mode has more option than Point of View (you don't need to be above the center of the circle - usefull to film a high tower but not its top). the Focus mode has more options too (but I have some difficulties to use it).

there are others alternative software : Vertical Studio (can follow someone or something, you just have to identify it by drawing a rectangle), Altizure ( to create 3D photo and 3D models).
I haven't tested this too apps right now.

So my opinion is to use the best softwares for what you need. Maybe DJI Go is enough.
I usually use DJI Go , and sometimes (for advanced mode) litchi.

Eric
2016-5-8
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Absolutely it is.
2016-5-8
Use props
eddycheah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261660 ft
Malaysia

Thank you for you all  Reply
2016-5-8
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

BTW....Lichi is $25.00........not $20.00   
2016-5-18
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Ya know, $20 sounds a lot for someone used to paying $2 for smart phone apps, like cat video apps and fart pianos. bit Litchi is one of those top level apps where it's worth it.

I've done waypoint missions, orbits, and hey, here's a 3-level Pano I did with Litchi of a lake in my city (though you also need a stitching app to put it together in post-processing):

Planet Green Lake

Planet Green Lake
2016-5-18
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-8 23:28
Litchi is a very good app that allows you to do orbits, waypoints and more and has the fantastic fea ...

lol... I know what you mean. I'm so tight I squeek, but when you compare the price of the Phantom to the price of the App, you gotta wonder. Of course you get a 'free' app with the bird, but good SW is good SW and usually worth the extra bucks. I use IOS so am not familiar with it, but have heard nothing but good things about it.

Barney
2016-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules