Help with weak signal/possessed drone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
craigholloway82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166467 ft
United Kingdom

Got my DJI a couple of days ago and it asked me to do an update within a couple of days. Since then will only let me go 30 meters up and 40 meters across before it automatically returns to home. Still have video feed- keeps coming up weak signal feed/signal lost. Tried IMU calibration, compass calibration, relinked the remote and still get full signal with the camera bar but no range signal on the app. Also tried flying with no app and no phone connected and still the same issues. Seems like it goes only a little further than beginner mode- any ideas as DJI chat/email have been no help? Any information/ideas I could try would be much appreciated. Thanks
PS- once landed and motors have stopped, turned my back and it restarted and flipped over onto the blades? Its like its posessed!
Craig

2016-5-8
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

What model Phantom do you have? You say the motors were stopped on the ground and actually restarted themselves? If you land and do not stop the motors manually, it can do what you described, but I have never heard of any Phantom restarting itself autonomously.  We need more information.  Sync your flight logs, post a link here. Someone can look and probably come up with some answers.
2016-5-8
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-8 20:01
What model Phantom do you have? You say the motors were stopped on the ground and actually restarted ...

hello its a p3s
2016-5-8
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-8 20:01
What model Phantom do you have? You say the motors were stopped on the ground and actually restarted ...

how do i Sync  flight logs and put them up on here pls
2016-5-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Have you checked your antenna positioning?  It is critical that you keep the SIDE of the antenna facing the drone at all times, especially on the Standard.  There have also been reports of some of them having broken wire TO or WITHIN the antenna inside the remote.  You might want to check with your dealer and see if they will trade it for another.
2016-5-8
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

OK thanks will have a look
2016-5-8
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-5-8 22:37
Have you checked your antenna positioning?  It is critical that you keep the SIDE of the antenna fac ...

Ok thanks will have a look
2016-5-8
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"once landed and motors have stopped, turned my back and it restarted and flipped over onto the blades? Its like its posessed! "

That sounds like you left it turned on after landing and either switched off te controller or somehow it lost signal from the controller.
That can cause it to attempt RTH and climb to RTH.
After landing always power off the Phantom.
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

This video may help and if it triggers RTH in many open area with a short distance, please contact our Europe service center for diagnosis.
2016-5-9
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Support5.NL (DJI)
May 10, 18:56
Dear Craig,
Thank you for contacting the DJI Support.
R&D is always working hard on the next update, but an update is not easily altered of course. If you can do as instructed I can provide the proof and evidence you need to send it in and we will repair it for you if need be.
Thanks for choosing DJI.
Kind regards,
DJI Support EU
2016-5-10
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

craigholloway82 Posted at 2016-5-10 08:36
Support5.NL (DJI)
May 10, 18:56
Dear Craig,

Yes, they are wanting your flight logs so they can check to see what the problem might be.  If they decide it is an error with the P3,  they will probably do a warranty repair.  But they need to see the data.
2016-5-10
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

new fw updat 2day for the fix
2016-5-11
Use props
dants999
lvl.1

craigholloway82 Posted at 2016-5-12 01:06