Phantom 3 Standard RC signal intermittent
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
baerboy22
lvl.1

Canada

Here is my problem, my Phantom 3 Standard is experiancing signal loss at a (less than 300ft) really close range, it jumps from full bars (RC Signal) to No Signal instantly, like there is a loose connection or something. It worked perfect the first few flights, flew 1'500 feet away out in a field with good Video and RC signal, then all of a sudden I couldn't fly it more than a few hundred feet away without getting the no-signal alert. Just to clarify, I was loosing ONLY THE RC SIGNAL. Wifi is still strong, image on my phone remains perfect.
I took apart the Remote controller to make sure the wires that connect the antannas are all intact, and they appeared to be. My firmware is up to date. Not sure what I should try next to try and resolve this issue. Not even sure if it's a physical problem like a finicky antena or a software issue.
Any ideas/suggestions?

UPDATE: Went flying at a fairly remote location yesterday after getting an update for the DJI Go app. Was able to fly 1'600 out and approx 500 up before loosing signal. Not sure if it was the app update or the fact that I was away from any kind of building and electricity.
It still weird though, I had plenty of signal, like 4 out of 5 bars on my DJI Go app, then it just jumps to "No Signal". I have to move my antenna around every which way to get my signal back, then when I get it back its at almost full bars again. I would think that if it actually did have a low signal, wouldnt it fade out slowly, and not jump from full bars to 'No Signal'.
2016-5-9
Use props
Barni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253077 ft

A lot of other people encounter the same issue (me included) after updating to V1.5.70.
2016-5-9
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166467 ft
United Kingdom

ME 2 i have  ARGtek Controller Mod on the way so hope this will do the job but i think it was the firmware update DJI need to fix it
2016-5-9
Use props
Barni
lvl.1

I do not think a Antenna mod will fix this! From one second to another (Copter is 20m away) the RC signal drops from full to none. RTH mode starts and seconds later full RC signal? Cancel RTH. This happens from time to time. I hope there is a firmware update comong soon!I also took apart the RC and checked the antenna cables. Looks also fine for me.
2016-5-9
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Barni Posted at 2016-5-9 21:55
I do not think a Antenna mod will fix this! From one second to another (Copter is 20m away) the RC s ...

i got 120m then rth but will only go H25m then rth taking the piss when did u do the update
2016-5-9
Use props
baerboy22
lvl.1

Canada

Barni Posted at 2016-5-10 04:43
A lot of other people encounter the same issue (me included) after updating to V1.5.70.

I'm not sure which firmware number mine is, but it is the most recent one. I'll check next time I power it on and will let you know.
2016-5-9
Use props
baerboy22
lvl.1

Canada

craigholloway82 Posted at 2016-5-10 04:49
ME 2 i have  ARGtek Controller Mod on the way so hope this will do the job but i think it was the fi ...

Let me know if it does fix it, might do the same.
2016-5-9
Use props
baerboy22
lvl.1

Canada

Barni Posted at 2016-5-10 04:55
I do not think a Antenna mod will fix this! From one second to another (Copter is 20m away) the RC s ...

If that is the case (that it's a software issue), any idea when the next update is coming out?
2016-5-9
Use props
baerboy22
lvl.1

Canada

craigholloway82 Posted at 2016-5-10 05:00
i got 120m then rth but will only go H25m then rth taking the piss when did u do the update

I did the update right out of the box. Is there any way that you know of to downgrade to the older firmware? A lot of people are telling me its a software issue and not a hardware issue.
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

baerboy22 Posted at 2016-5-10 08:20
I did the update right out of the box. Is there any way that you know of to downgrade to the older ...

Currently the firmware could not be downgraded. And the range hasn't been decreased in the latest firmware.Please try to adjust the antenna and RC in the flight and test it in different environment.
2016-5-9
Use props
futurapatos
New

Brazil

Almost all owners of P3S are complaining that after the updated firmware drone is losing signal with the radio over short distances. Of course, if you point the antenna in the right way it will help a little , but definitely not solve the problem. I hope the technicians DJI are making a new firmware because it has hundreds of customers complaining about the signal loss and clear that the central problem is not interference or obstacles , but a problem in P3S . We need the DJI solve it as fast to regain prestige among all. I bought mine did six days and has the same problem.
2016-5-10
Use props
Barni
lvl.1
Germany

futurapatos@hot Posted at 2016-5-10 19:26
Almost all owners of P3S are complaining that after the updated firmware drone is losing signal wit ...

Hi futurapatus,

nothing to add to your statement!
Hundreds of people have this "Weak signal" and the answer is always the same video how to handle your antenna...

Barni

2016-5-10
Use props
Barni
lvl.1
Germany

There was a minor update of the iOS app this night (2.8.1) I will give it a try later...
2016-5-10
Use props
blankslate
Banned

Czechia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-10
Use props
baerboy22
lvl.1

Canada

blankslate Posted at 2016-5-10 21:21
Hello, I've same problem.... My P3S is only one week old..

I made one of those cardboard cutout windsurfers, it only took a few minutes and cost nothing. It seemed to help.
2016-5-10
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Support5.NL (DJI)
May 10, 18:56
Dear Craig,
Thank you for contacting the DJI Support.
R&D is always working hard on the next update, but an update is not easily altered of course. If you can do as instructed I can provide the proof and evidence you need to send it in and we will repair it for you if need be.
Thanks for choosing DJI.
Kind regards,
DJI Support EU

wot a joke
2016-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules