Camera & microSD Issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mackswell
lvl.1

United States

I recently replaced the flex cable in my DJI Phantom 3 Professional.  Everything worked beautifully after gimbal calibration... flew it twice with no problems at all... then I packed it up, brought it home and now I have two problems:1) when I fire up the DJI Phantom 3, the camera does its dance, and then goes limp and will not connect to the app.  It flies fine, but the camera is not functioning at all.
2) when I plugged in my microSD it would not mount to my Mac!  I've tried everything (different microSD converters, a card reader, plugging my DJI P3P directly into my computer)...

Nightmares.  Help please!

-Max
2016-5-9
Use props
mackswell
lvl.1

United States

Okay update on problem #1: I was able to get the camera to work with a different SD card.  So it appears the dysfunctional microSD card is just messing everything up.

Any ideas on what I can do about the card?  I haven't reformatted it because I don't want to lose the footage.  Any/all help would be greatly appreciated.
2016-5-9
Use props
ontheroadpictur
New
Flight distance : 175489 ft
United States

mackswell Posted at 2016-5-9 15:21
Okay update on problem #1: I was able to get the camera to work with a different SD card.  So it app ...

I had a similar issue with my laptop. Did not recognize my SD card. Asked to format it. Tried all different configurations, always asked to format card. Finally put card in my tablet and usb to laptop. Got the file that way.
2016-5-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mackswell Posted at 2016-5-10 08:21
Okay update on problem #1: I was able to get the camera to work with a different SD card.  So it app ...

Try putting the original SD card back in thew aircradft then connect to it via the USB port on the gimbal. It should mount like a drive and you can copy your files off.
2016-5-9
Use props
mackswell
lvl.1

United States

Tried the above methods and no dice.  The card is apparently corrupted.

I used a data recovery software and extracted the files though!  The only problem is one of the videos is split across two files and the recovery has rendered the first (bigger) file unplayable.  Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the files?!
2016-5-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mackswell Posted at 2016-5-10 10:02
Tried the above methods and no dice.  The card is apparently corrupted.

I used a data recovery soft ...

The files are split in two because of a limitation in the FAT32 file system, that is quite normal. You can try fixing the file using the DJI Fix application, although I cannot provide a link as I can never find it. Someone may chip in here and provide a link.

Once you get it sorted out, re-format the card in the aircraft and it should be OK again.
2016-5-9
Use props
mackswell
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-10 08:26
The files are split in two because of a limitation in the FAT32 file system, that is quite normal. ...

I figured that was the case.  But the data recovery software also renamed the files (File0004.MOV for example) so I'm worried that it also may have messed up that split.  The weird part is that the unplayable file is 4.21 GB and the playable file is 23.51 GB.  And yet, the playable file is only ~4 minutes, while I know that the unplayable file is something like 9 minutes (using the DJI Go app's cached video files).  So something weird is going on for sure.

If anyone can find the DJI Fix application or has any recommendations on how I could repair this, it would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks all for your help thus far.
2016-5-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

mackswell Posted at 2016-5-11 04:15
I figured that was the case.  But the data recovery software also renamed the files (File0004.MOV  ...

This is where you get th4e DJI Fix program: http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/

2016-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules