p3s Loses signal all the time
12Next >
4294 51 2016-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vissotogg
lvl.1

United States

Guys, 3 flights ago i got some problems with my p3s, it does not go far than 100-200 meters, ive never crashed it and i didnt get any demage, i got 1 mile far one day with it. the firmware is updated and i have no idea whats going on

thanks
2016-5-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello vissotogg, did the drone trigger RTH at that time with the distance at 100-200m? Besides, try to test the range in different area and make sure the RC and antenna are in good position:
2016-5-9
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166467 ft
United Kingdom

Same as me
2016-5-9
Use props
claudiomiciogat
New

Italy

Ciao a tutti.
Ho acquistato un Phantom 3 Standard nel mese di Settembre 2015.
Fin dall'inizio, ho avuto problemi con la connessione video : era sufficiente far volare il quadricottero a 30-40 metri di distanza ( o in altezza) che sul telefono veniva visualizzato il messaggio "SIGNAL LOST".  Il segnale radio, invece , fortunatamente, è sempre stato stabile e non ha mai perso la connessione.
Non avendo troppo tempo per studiare il manuale , ho attribuito la colpa di questo problema alla mia scarsa conoscenza del modo di settare il tutto.
Alla fine di marzo 2016 , dopo aver fatto molte prove ,seguendo alla lettera il manuale delle istruzioni, sono arrivato alla conclusione che il difetto non era nè nel telefono ( ho cambiato 3 Samsung e un Nokia), nè nei luoghi in cui facevo volare il mio quadricotterro. Infatti, poichè possiedo anche un Phantom 2 Visual  acquistato da un amico del mio club di aeromodellisti , li ho fatti volare entrambi nella stessa località . Sul Phantom 2 ( dfi mia moglie) non ho riscontrato alcun problema, mentre sul mio P3 ho avuto ancora problemi con la connessione video
Mi sono deciso quindi a portare il P3 in assistenza per verificare quale fosse il problema.
Dal negozio , il P3 è stato spedito in Olanda per la riparazione e con mia grandissima sorpresa  , mi hanno comunicato che intendono sostituire "1pc  Phantom3 roll axis component BC.PTB00214 della gimbal camera" .
Non capisco nulla di elettronica , ma mi ha molto sorpreso il fatto che sosttuiscano un pezzo che ,mi sembra, nulla ha a che vedere con il problema da me riscontrato.
Ma la cosa ancora più sorprendente, è che la riparazione non avviene in garanzia!!!!
Ho 56 anni e non sono un bambino, che combina un guaio e poi si nasconde ! Il quadricottero non è mai caduto, nè l'ho mai smontato , nè fatta alcuna manovra che potesse invalidare la garanzia. Da quanto mi ha raccontato l'amico che mi ha venduto il Phantom 2 , anche quello  ha avuto dei problemi con il gimbal e anche ad esso è stata sostituita sia la videocamera che il gimbal , difettosi fin dall'acquisto .
Non ho motivo di credere che anche in questo caso il drone non ha mai subito urti , nè cadute .
Ma per la DJI  , evidentemente, la garanzia è qualcosa di inutile e , a suo insindacabile giudizio ( chissà perche?) decide se riparare o no i droni in garanzia .
Per quanto mi riguarda, sono vittima di un vero e proprio furto, dal momento che non ho alternative , se non far riparare il drone per continuare a volare !Quindi, carissimi piloti, attenzione : qualunque difetto riscontrate sul vostro Phantom , è meglio che vi mettete il cuore in pace e vi preparate a spendere un po' di soldi per la riparazione , perchè la vostra garanzia , questi "signori", la ignorano!!!!!

2016-5-9
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Out of curiosity, how many flights did you do that had normal range before you got the limited range?  I am going to guess 3 to 5,  then it crapped out.
2016-5-9
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Support5.NL (DJI)
May 10, 18:56
Dear Craig,
Thank you for contacting the DJI Support.
R&D is always working hard on the next update, but an update is not easily altered of course. If you can do as instructed I can provide the proof and evidence you need to send it in and we will repair it for you if need be.
Thanks for choosing DJI.
Kind regards,
DJI Support EU
2016-5-10
Use props
vissotogg
lvl.1

United States

I tried it in different areas already, no civilization area (no cell phone signal) and it didn't work, and I keep lose signal in only 200 m away, and I tried all antennas positions :/
2016-5-10
Use props
vissotogg
lvl.1

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-10 02:18
Out of curiosity, how many flights did you do that had normal range before you got the limited range ...

More than 30 flights
2016-5-10
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

Ok.  How many since the last firmware update?  The reason I ask is,  there are a whole lot of P3Standard owners who have the same problem,  and we are trying to narrow down the number of possible causes.
2016-5-10
Use props
vissotogg
lvl.1

Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-10 14:14
Ok.  How many since the last firmware update?  The reason I ask is,  there are a whole lot of P3St ...

The problem started a day after I update the firmware
2016-5-10
Use props
vissotogg
lvl.1

Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-10 14:14
Ok.  How many since the last firmware update?  The reason I ask is,  there are a whole lot of P3St ...

When it did the update j checked the sd card and the message was "success"
2016-5-10
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

vissotogg@lisde Posted at 2016-5-10 12:16
The problem started a day after I update the firmware

Ah ha!  That is more like it.  Firmware issues seem to be very much involved. A lot of people will get the Standard and get to fly for a couple of days and everything works great. Then,  a firmware update is released,  and the next flight or maybe 2 flights,  you now have a short range boomerang.  I wish I had a brand new controller for the Standard, just to test a theory,  but I bought an Advanced and I'm not going to spend on another Standard controller.  But I really think the problem is in the aircraft,  not the controller.
2016-5-10
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

claudiomiciogat Posted at 2016-5-10 07:56
Ciao a tutti.
Fin dall'inizio, ho  ...

r the Phantom somewhere ?Claudio,

I fear the number of Italian-speakers on this forum is very limited. If you don't know English enouigh to write and read here maybe there is an Ialian Forum somewhere ?
2016-5-10
Use props
vissotogg
lvl.1

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-10 15:21
Ah ha!  That is more like it.  Firmware issues seem to be very much involved. A lot of people will ...

what should i do
2016-5-10
Use props
drtownson1105
lvl.1

United States

Same story here I have posted my story on other pages. But I flew my p3s for a few days loving it. After about a week of great flights I upgraded my firmware and changed my antenna at the same time. got about half he distance so I thought I had really messed my drone up by changing the antenna to an upgraded model,  then started looking at all of the other post where owners were having the same issue with the shorter distance. I even went and bought a new controller thinking it would fix my problem but now it does the same with both controllers. thanks to litchi app I am getting to fly my drone with their waypoints. I no longer use the DJI app except for the camera settings and home point settings. Hope that DJI wants to fix this problem someday so we can enjoy what we have bought.
2016-5-10
Use props
lakesentrance.c
lvl.1

Australia

yes, same with my P3S. I upgraded firmware to version 1.5.70 with the App on 2.8.0

I did perhaps 6 flights since the upgrade, trouble free, normal range, going over 500m away no probs.

suddenly, range is down to 20m before I start intermittently losing signal. It's random. on and off. However, I was in town, near a mobile phone tower and on a metal "boardwalk".

I've done two short flights with this range problem. Waiting for the wind to stop and i'll get out and do some testing in clear, interference free area (90 mile beach in eastern Victoria, Oz)
2016-5-10
Use props
lakesentrance.c
lvl.1

Australia

Can everyone post their firmware versions ... i see i'm one version behind ... released in May. I have 1.5.70, but latest is 1.6.80.
2016-5-10
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

drtownson1105 Posted at 2016-5-10 16:44
Same story here I have posted my story on other pages. But I flew my p3s for a few days loving it. A ...

Ok,  thanks forthat.  Saves me from buying a new controller.  I am more convinced than ever, the problem is in the P3 itself,  somewhere in the rf section.
2016-5-10
Use props
vissotogg
lvl.1

United States

lakesentrance.c Posted at 2016-5-10 21:12
yes, same with my P3S. I upgraded firmware to version 1.5.70 with the App on 2.8.0

I did perhaps 6  ...

Glam To know im not the only one, but sad about it, however I understood the problem is on the firmware, agree?
2016-5-10
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would really help if users clarified what they mean by "losing signal"???

Do they still have R/C control of the Phantom using the Remote? If so, does the Phantom enter into Return to Home?

If not - and the only signal being lost is the Video feed on the screen, this is quite normal and can usually be fixed in some basic ways. see below.

--------
Note - when upgraded firmware a number of problems can present themselves - especially if you've traveled with the P3 (vibration, etc.).
If you get various errors such as weak image transmission signal, etc - first order of business is to completely delete and reinstall the DJI GO app from your device.
After that you'll want to place your P3 on a very level surface and do an IMU calibration.
It's always good to do a compass calibration before flying again.
Also, check the channel in the DJI app and change it from Auto to a custom channel.

2016-5-10
Use props
vissotogg
lvl.1

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2016-5-10 23:00

Do they still have R/C ...

It loses both signal, wifi and RC, and it starts the go home mode, I'll recalibrate everything and try again.
2016-5-10
Use props
vissotogg
lvl.1

United States

Do someone know if I can reset the drone, like make it like "new"?
2016-5-10
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2016-5-10 20:00

Do they still have R/C ...

Typically,  it is a loss of control signal and forced rth.  It can happen at any altitude or distance.  It can happen if you are just hovering in one spot.  You can see the signal go from full bars to nothing and the aircraft goes rth.  Duplicating the problem is easy.  Isolating it is another story. Also,  it is pretty much only the Standard that does it,  and the Standard does not allow you to select channels.  The only option is Auto.    And it may or may not be associated to a particular firmware version.  But I suspect it probably is.  I last updated the f/w on my Standard when the new one came out in November.  Immediately after that,  the problem started.  I have not wasted time trying to upgrade the f/w again,  since no one who has tried that has had success in solving the problem.  I do notice, however, that the P34K does not seem to be affected by this issue,  even though it also uses wifi instead of Lightbridge. Maybe that's just because there are a lot fewer P34K's out there.
2016-5-10
Use props
claudiomiciogat
New

Italy

PhanFran Posted at 2016-5-10 23:22
r the Phantom somewhere ?Claudio,

I fear the number of Italian-speakers on this forum is very lim ...

Hi, PhanFran!
Sorry, I do not speak English .I'm now  using Google translator and I have not found Forum DJI in Italian. I apologize for not having cham fered before the translator, but who wants to read what I wrote in my previous post can also use himself the translator Google. I was interested to know, however, beyond the languages used, telling my history, the DJI has no respect for his guarantee.
2016-5-10
Use props
vissotogg
lvl.1

France

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-5-11 07:21
Typically,  it is a loss of control signal and forced rth.  It can happen at any altitude or dista ...

So we've to wait the next fw and see what's gonna happen?
2016-5-11
Use props
sully43
New

France

claudiomiciogat Posted at 2016-5-10 07:56
Ciao a tutti.
Fin dall'inizio, ho  ...

I have the same problem I return the drone two liver after sales service the problem is the same drone loses its signal and 200M revien alone
I do not recommend the brand DJI if you want to buy a drone that works parrot. these crappy equipment with after sales service at the same level as their off Product
2016-5-11
Use props
sully43
New

France

I have the same problem I return the drone two liver after sales service the problem is the same drone loses its signal and 200M revien alone
I do not recommend the brand DJI if you want to buy a drone that works parrot. these crappy equipment with after sales service at the same level as their off Product
2016-5-11
Use props
Vissoto
lvl.1

United States

sully43 Posted at 2016-5-11 10:35
I have the same problem I return the drone two liver after sales service the problem is the same d ...

i agree, the after sales isnterrible, next drone i will buy the gopro one, Karma Drone GoPro!!!
2016-5-11
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

there is a new update try that
2016-5-11
Use props
Vissoto
lvl.1

United States

craigholloway82 Posted at 2016-5-11 14:57
there is a new update try that

When did it come out?
2016-5-11
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Vissoto Posted at 2016-5-11 21:06
When did it come out?

9/5/2016.........firmware 1.6.80

fw

fw
2016-5-11
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

let me no if it works for u
2016-5-11
Use props
Vissoto
lvl.1

United States

craigholloway82 Posted at 2016-5-11 16:10
let me no if it works for u

Okay, Thank you, I'll update it soon
2016-5-11
Use props
Vissoto
lvl.1

United States

I updated, one of 2 problems gone, I'm not losing wifi signal anymore, but I still lose control signal, as you can see on the picture, it lost signal with 58 m
image.png
2016-5-11
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United States

Wow, Go Figure. Just did the update too and I'm not loosing RC connection because I can't go very far without getting "NO IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL". Tried to downgrade the firmware and can't.
2016-5-11
Use props
Vissoto
lvl.1

United States

Sundance Kid Posted at 2016-5-11 19:48
Wow, Go Figure. Just did the update too and I'm not loosing RC connection because I can't go very fa ...

I'm so disappointed with DJI, they have a terrible assistance, byeee DJI, my next drone gonna be GoPro KARMA
2016-5-11
Use props
lakesentrance.c
lvl.1

Australia

I'm sitting this update out till we see some results or solutions
2016-5-11
Use props
craigholloway82
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Still not working then ffs
2016-5-12
Use props
blankslate
Banned

Czechia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-12
Use props
Vissoto
lvl.1

United States

blankslate Posted at 2016-5-12 06:00
Firmware update 1.6.8 didn't solve my problem with "RC signal lost". Still losing signal randomly 25 ...

Let's email DJI, sending a lot of the same email, the same message!!!
2016-5-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules