P3A not flying straight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thenull3rs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208301 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Just been out on my p3a and when flying in a staight line its seems to not be pointing straight ahead seems to be pointing slightly left...

Can anyone advise what can cause this
2016-5-11
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

Try calibrating IMU, compass and RC - should fix it....
I had this once with my P3A and silved the problem
2016-5-11
Use props
manatas2
lvl.2

Lithuania

I have the same problem
2016-5-11
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

As do I, and have since it was new last July.
2016-5-11
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft

I started getting that issue after 3 FW back, I can't remember the version. Before that version it was fine but once updated to that version it started drifting slightly to the left. Once I updated to the next fw that issue disappeared. There were quite a few threads regarding this issue on that FW
2016-5-11
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I noticed that lately that I do have that. when I setup my orientation, using camera, to be as straight as possible, then flew under a bridge, I noticed I was flying a bit diagonal.. to the left!
I wonder if DJI hads any other ideas than gimbal and IMU calibration....
GT
2016-5-11
Use props
thenull3rs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 208301 ft
United Kingdom

Done all the calibrations and still doing it.. anyone from DJI advise regarding this..
2016-5-12
Use props
flydodom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 321857 ft
United Kingdom

thenull3rs Posted at 2016-5-12 21:52
Done all the calibrations and still doing it.. anyone from DJI advise regarding this..

I am beginning to think that IMU calibration is the perfect myth in DJI's vocabulary!  Everything is due to IMU. Easy way out perhaps, I have been nagging for a long time about my Gimbal issue, all I get IMU, IMU, IMU... How many times are we supposed to this IMU calibration to correct these issues..?  Still the same! Losing faith in DJI seriously.
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello thenull3rs, could you please synchronize your flight record and leave your DJI account here?
2016-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules