1193 6 2016-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75686 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=14.6667px]I have Inspire ver 1 with X5 upgrade . I just did the 1.8.01 "Pro" firmware update (bird and all batteries). The Master Controller prompted for update and it is current (see image), but the Slave Controller will not prompt for update (see other image). I did the three button reset on the Slave to no avail. I'm on the latest Go app 2.8.1 and still no prompt.

[size=14.6667px]Did I miss something? Ideas on how to resolve?

[size=14.6667px]Colin

Master Controller

Master Controller

Slave Contoller

Slave Contoller
2016-5-11
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ensure the mobile device that is connected to the slave RC has internet connectivity (wifi/cellular).... (thanks Captain Obvious)

Go back to the main Camera Connect screen and tap & hold the "graduation cap" icon in the upper right corner for 5-10 seconds. The GO App will display the firmware upgrade/downgrade screen. If the device is connected to the internet, you should see the next upgrade version and the last downgrade version in the dropdown list...
2016-5-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-5-12 07:52
Ensure the mobile device that is connected to the slave RC has internet connectivity (wifi/cellular) ...

Terry, why do you think there are the + signs after his firmware versions on the slave  ?  That seems odd, unless the connection between the Master and Slave transfer some type of update  data in order to function .  

I do know that the slave and Master must be on the same version of everything  to function correctly ,   but this  seems odd....

You are the man  Terry !  - donnie
2016-5-12
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-12 21:30
Terry, why do you think there are the + signs after his firmware versions on the slave  ?  Tha ...

This often happens when the RC doesn't have internet connectivity for the RC to verify version number against DJI servers, so it shows the '+' sign....

Often in the Release Notes, DJI will state:

"The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete."
2016-5-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2016-5-12 08:34
This often happens when the RC doesn't have internet connectivity for the RC to verify version numb ...

I understand that part but they way I read it is they did not update the Slave, only the Master .  So how would they get the + sign if they did not update the Slave remote.  

Unless I missed something in translation..... ( Would not be the first time )  

donnie
2016-5-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Did you update the slave remote via the Internet ever ?   If you did this explains the + sign.  As Terry Lewis explained you must hook up the ipad and Slave transmitter together with a internet connection and then the Update will "Rool Over " to the current update version  numbers.

The way I read this initially was that You never updated the slave remote  and wondered how the + sign got there.  You must have updateded the RC remote but did not confirm it with a wireless internet connection.

donnie
2016-5-12
Use props
colin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75686 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Terry and Donnie.  Both RCs always had internet connection when doing updates via iPad, but looks like I missed the 1.5.8 update in the slave.  Once I did that via the Graduation Cap and reboot, I got prompted for 1.6.0.

Colin
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules