Having problems after an update?
893 4 2016-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
therealjoshuapl
New
Flight distance : 179626 ft
United States

MAKE SURE you have downloaded the correct firmware! I lost three weeks of flight because after I did the latest update to my Inspire 1 Pro, the RC lost signal. The aircraft would pulsate loud beeping sounds coming from the antenna areas. Everything I had read said I had updated in the wrong order. But after final digging I found that I had downloaded the wrong firmware.

The correct firmware is Inspire 1 Pro v1.8.1.00 and I had the Inspire 1 Firmware v1.8.1.00.
Sounds like common sense obviously, But I guess the way DJI had their site setup at the time, when you would click Inspire at the top it would just bring you to the support page where I would download. Now after revisiting the site, I see theyve seperated everything now that more development is underway.

So goodluck. Hope that helps the ones that have their "slower" moments like me lol.

Happy Flying
2016-5-11
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your frustrations!!!

Just as an additional comment, one thing to now look out for is that both the RAW and the PRO are hosting firmware downloads on the same page -> Inspire 1 RAW/PRO Downloads...

So triple check that you grab the correct PRO firmware and not the RAW. The aircraft components are the same but the camera firmware is different....
2016-5-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry that you've experienced that. Going forward on future aircraft it may be updated via computer like the P4 and M600. At least if it is this mistake wouldn't happen. There's also people who have a P3 Pro and install the Inspire Pro firmware and vise versa.
2016-5-12
Use props
Plauche Photogr
New
Flight distance : 179626 ft
United States

I have a question. Does anyone or has anyone seen the dynamic difference between the X5 and the X5R? Im curious as to what the thousand dollar difference gives you! Thanks in advance
2016-7-9
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Plauche Photogr Posted at 2016-7-9 14:02
I have a question. Does anyone or has anyone seen the dynamic difference between the X5 and the X5R? ...

There is a night and day difference between RAW and regular video. RAW is uncompressed and lossless.
To see the difference, shoot am image in JPEG and RAW. Look at the detail differences and editing abilities.
2016-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules