Crash and gimbal dead. Mother board dead too :(
2930 15 2016-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc.fauve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 194426 ft
France

This week my phantom 3 standard made ​​a rth 30 meters away from me where were trees above . I tried to take manual control but it was impossible .
He collided with the branches , and then felt on the ground slowly on the ground. Then he took off again, and he ended his RTH at my feet Impossible to get back manual control.
Result : ring of the roll arm broken, I thought at this moment that it was not big deal, and that i ll repair it easily by myself.
So i turned of the drone and went back home to repair it.
So I,ve disassembled everything and repaired the arm with super glue.
I have all reassembled the parts together thanks to this link on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh5BrF_dBUI

At the end, I've started, and i had a little white smoke and as a smell of tin So, i've unpluged the motors of the gimbal and the camera,
and plugeg back the mother board without the camera and the arm motors: same result.
I've localised the component that heat.

Some Advices ?I ll send you photo soon.
Roll-arm-reparer.jpg
00000.jpg

Super hot piece when I plug the board on the phantom

Super hot piece when I plug the board on the phantom
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash, Marc. I'd suggest you to send it to our Euorpe service center for the repairing.Here is the contacting info:
Email: support.eu@dji.com
Phone:+49(0)97479304200
Monday to Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM (German Time GMT+1:00)
Online Support:Monday to Friday, 11:00AM-6:00PM (Netherlands Time UTC/GMT +1)
2016-5-13
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
France

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-13 12:07
Sorry for your crash, Marc. I'd suggest you to send it to our Euorpe service center for the repairin ...

Can i only send the Gimbal ?
2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Dragon CAD Posted at 2016-5-13 18:46
Can i only send the Gimbal ?

That's ok but I'd suggest you to send all the things for diagnosis.
2016-5-13
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
France

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-13 12:47
That's ok but I'd suggest you to send all the things for diagnosis.

Thank you. See you soon ;)

2016-5-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Careful with the word "soon".  
2016-5-13
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
France

Ok, I did a Sync, that shows exactly what happened: a none wanted RTH that has finished in the trees,  like i told.

Before i send my phantom, i would like to be sure i'm not going to pay to send it and to take it back for nothing.

Is there a way ?

Thank you

2016-5-17
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
France

We will provide a pick up service as soon as possible.
Please enclose the attached form together with the receipt/ invoice for warranty services.
We also request that you write the serial number on the invoice for shipping purposes. This is very important.
NON EU countries ( Norway, Switzerland ) - customer will need to add Invoices with products back to us , please write or remark on invoices the sentence " DEFECT UNIT - NO COMMERCIAL VALUE"
NOTES:
• Do not ship non DJI products
• Ship the product with the completed DJI Global Technical Support Form; Mark with the words ‘RMA’ on the outside of the package
• Only send your shipment by tracked courier services such as FedEx, DHL, EMS, SF Express, or other similar providers. Standard mail and collection-on-delivery are not accepted
• For repair status updates or other inquiries, please contact us via phone or email and be prepared to provide your tracking number
• We will inform you of any repair costs after we complete a full diagnostics report for the unit
• Repairs, shipping, and customs clearance may take more time than expected
• Carefully read our Warranty Policy at: http://www.dji.com/service
• If you request not to proceed with these repair services, you will be liable for payment of return delivery of your product(s), as well as possible the cost of diagnosis.
•To check your repair status: http://www.dji.com/support/repair-trace
Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best regards,
DJI Support EU

Can any body explain me ? where am i suppose to send my gimball ?
2016-5-17
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should probably send the whole aircraft as well as the gimble.  They can pull the flight records to find out if it was a hardware/software issue.
If you only send the gamble they will probably charge you for a new one regardless of wether it was a aircraft issue or user error..

Goid luck!
2016-5-18
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

You'll need to contact the repair center in the post above by DJI-Paladin, before you send anything in so they can give you an RMA/Case number.
2016-5-18
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I know it's a bit late, but for next time...unfortunately you cannot control the aircraft during the first ascent to 20 metres above the home point.  You can only cancel RTH with the RC.  Nobody knows why, except DJI engineers, who aren't telling anyone.  Various people have tried to reason with them & have it changed, but have been unsuccessful.
2016-5-18
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
France

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-18 15:18
I know it's a bit late, but for next time...unfortunately you cannot control the aircraft during the ...

A way to set the elevation rth to 0 in next firm wire could be a great idea, if you want to keep using gps mode in a place where there is a lot of trees.
2016-5-18
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
France

Tmygun Posted at 2016-5-18 14:54
You'll need to contact the repair center in the post above by DJI-Paladin, before you send anything  ...

Hello, i ve allready did a synchronization of my flights.
2016-5-18
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dragon CAD Posted at 2016-5-18 14:46
A way to set the elevation rth to 0 in next firm wire could be a great idea, if you want to keep u ...

That would cause the aircraft to crash into the ground though.  The trick is not to use RTH if flying amongst trees & turn it off in the app.
2016-5-18
Use props
Dragon CAD
lvl.2
France

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-18 16:28
That would cause the aircraft to crash into the ground though.  The trick is not to use RTH if fly ...

I think that if you ve set for exemple the attitude to 20m and and you re phantom attidue is 30m, if it does an rth, it wont go down to 20, it ll stay at 30m, and go to the x y position. and then go down.

It means that if you set your rth to zero, it could be any attitude, it ll stay to this attitue to do its rth.
2016-5-18
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dragon CAD Posted at 2016-5-18 17:15
I think that if you ve set for exemple the attitude to 20m and and you re phantom attidue is 30m,  ...

Ah, I see.  Makes sense as long as there's no obstacles in the way, like trees...
2016-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules