P4 gimbal "jumps" after manual gimbal roll adjustment
1502 22 2016-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
media100
lvl.2

Germany

Hello,

I got my 4th P4 recently and as the previous ones the gimbal "jumps" again after manually entering an adjustment value on the gimbal roll parameter. The gimbal roll adjustment parameter is absolutely useless this way !!!

Is there any reply from DJI if this issue will be fixed with the next firmware version ? Doesn't seem to be a hardware issue, as all P4s seem to have this issue. I remember the early days of my Inspire 1, DJI released a firmware which produced some sudden gimbal twitches/jerks while flying. DJI tech support told me to send in my X3 camera because it should be a hardware error...I did so. Guess what: The second one showed the same issue. After a few weeks DJI realized it was a firmware problem and not hardware related, so they fixed it with a new firmware.

I hope they will fix the issue on the P4 firmware very soon (together with the altitude drop problem)....

2016-5-13
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello media100, could you please post a video of this issue here? Thank you.
2016-5-13
Use props
dancarver44
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-13
Use props
jchooper12
lvl.1
United States

WOW, same thing, another post. Typhoon H, looking really really good
2016-5-13
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504692 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have exactly the  same problem, I will post mine here tonight too.  It makes P4 useless for cinematographers. I love my P4 but  unfortunately I already started for looking around for other possible drones from other companies, as it is obvious that DJI does not even try to fix it, and ignores our messages. I tried to film commercial and it ruined my shooting which was a lot of problem for me then. Because people did a lot of expenses for preparations, models, car rent etc. and everything was ruined because of DJI. They even do not confirm that they have this problem and are trying to fix it. My disappointment is growing everyday. So nice product which I will have to sell to buy something else, because of careless service. I regret that I promoted DJI so much among my friends and convinced my friends to buy 3 Phantoms.
2016-5-13
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

2016-5-13
Use props
dancarver44
Banned

United States

2016-5-13
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

dancarver44@mai Posted at 2016-5-13 14:53
Media100 - you are correct - all P4s seem to suffer from this.

There is NO reply from DJI about th ...

Dji did not advertised this problem. I think its time  to seu them and solve the problem.
2016-5-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ISA AYDIN Posted at 2016-5-14 10:48
Dji did not advertised this problem. I think its time  to sew them and solve the problem.

'I think its time  to sew them and solve the problem.'

I hope you have a lawyer better at spelling then you. it is 'sue', not 'sew'. And yeah, good idea to sue them, best way in the world to get a fix for something. Oh, and by the way, they are a Chinese company and you can sue them till you are blue in the face and it will not do you any good.

2016-5-13
Use props
danny.condruti
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42277 ft
United States

Yep, they are Chinese, lie, cheat, steal.
A better way is to contact consumer protection act reps, push it up the government ladder and somehow ban the import of DJI products here.
2016-5-13
Use props
waynekerryattew
lvl.4

Typhoon H all the way
2016-5-13
Use props
wrathofkhan
Banned

Australia

2016-5-13
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

The same happens to me, but only sometimes. After 72 flights I cannot figure out a pattern as to when the horizon is off by itself and needs to be adjusted (and works), is off and needs to be adjusted (and snaps back to being crooked), or is perfectly level. It does all 3, and all at random times. The only thing I have left to test is if anything above corresponds to any certain batteries (5 batteries, 2 crashed with and still use, the drones acts a little different when flying with some batteries than others). It truly is a strange issue, but not one that is happening 100% of the time (at least for me). A lot of people are saying this is a 100% of the time issue, and I thought the same thing, until I actually started paying attention and taking notes on when the gimbal level was off and when it was perfectly on. It's very intriguing on why it only happens sometimes.
2016-5-14
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-13 20:52
'I think its time  to sew them and solve the problem.'

I hope you have a lawyer better at spelling ...

OMG you are so smart, how did you find that one letter mistake? You seem to be Harward graduate, aren't you?
2016-5-14
Use props
davidson_g
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

dancarver44@mai Posted at 2016-5-13 14:07
Paladin - you have been given video after video of this issue. Shame on you for asking for ANOTHER  ...

Same issue here. I take off and the gimbal is level but then it slowly drifts off level. I then try to adjust the gimbal level which is fine but as soon as I make a significant yaw movement (say 90 degrees) it suddenly snaps out of level again.
2016-5-14
Use props
popdrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88730 ft
United States

Same issue
2016-5-15
Use props
dancarver44
Banned

United States

2016-5-15
Use props
ISA AYDIN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

here you are DJI, further to your request attached video of Gimbal problem.

2016-5-15
Use props
dancarver44
Banned

United States

2016-5-16
Use props
dancarver44
Banned

United States

2016-5-16
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dancarver44@mai Posted at 2016-5-16 20:18
I find it amusing that I received this communication from a senior engineer at DJI, and I am sharin ...

What is the deal with being rude about people?

The people you reference as not being qualified to help have likely forgotten more about RC than you have ever known or even will. They have helped countless amounts of people on here and other forums/Facebook groups.

The horizon issue is two fold, the twitching after manually correcting it is a firmware bug as as you have been told, its being fixed and will be released when ready. This is no secret you have discovered, it's been said before.
The horizon going off when panning is a long going issue and some have it and others don't. All three of my P4's had the issue until I gave them a bang on IMU calibration and always try to take-off on a level surface and the issue is all but gone. Level horizons seem to be a bane of flying cameras.
2016-5-16
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

Tahoe-Ed-Windba Posted at 2016-5-16 19:16
Hey Splooge! This is Wd Windbag of DJI. Is your name a synonym for gism? How appropriate! It describ ...

Horizontal BOOM............................
2016-5-16
Use props
media100
lvl.2

Germany

Does the latest firmware update of 31/05/2016 fix the manual gimbal roll adjustment "jumps" ? Anyone tried it ?
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules