RC Signal Lost after Remote Control Firmware update
3075 18 2016-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
absmac
New

United Kingdom

After bootup of my DJI GO App and Phantom 4 controller this morning the app prompted me to update the firmware on the remote controller. After doing so the DJI GO App states that the, "RC Signal Lost".

I can see the camera and all other operations are stated as "Good".

Please help, I purchase the Phantom 4 on Thursday and it is now out of operation.
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello absmac, please upgrade your drone's firmware to the latest 1.1.3 via DJI GO app or DJI Assistant 2. After upgrading successfully, it is recommended to re-link the drone and RC. Here are the tutorials:

2016-5-14
Use props
absmac
New

United Kingdom

When I turned the aircraft on for the first time on Thursday it prompted me to update the firmware for the Aircraft.

How do I find out what firmware version the aircraft has?
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

absmac Posted at 2016-5-14 18:31
When I turned the aircraft on for the first time on Thursday it prompted me to update the firmware f ...

You can find it in General Settings—About. If all the things are upgraded to the latest, the versions will be the same as below: IMG_0475.PNG

2016-5-14
Use props
absmac
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-14 11:40
You can find it in General Settings—About. If all the things are upgraded to the latest, the vers ...

I am connected to the DJI Assistant 2. The software cannot find the new version. It is searching continuously with no results.

How do I prompt an aircraft firmware upgrade from the DJI Go App?
2016-5-14
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

absmac Posted at 2016-5-14 18:44
I am connected to the DJI Assistant 2. The software cannot find the new version. It is searching c ...

You can try to sign out and login DJI Assistant 2 again or restart the drone to refresh the firmware list. When the drone hasn't been upgraded to the latest, the upgrade notice will prompt up automatically in the homepage of DJI GO app with network service.
2016-5-14
Use props
absmac
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-14 11:57
You can try to sign out and login DJI Assistant 2 again or restart the drone to refresh the firmwa ...

I have read that if the Remote Control is upgraded first there is a security issue and the DJI GO app will not allow the upgrade to the aircraft.

I finally go the option to upgrade from the DJI Assistant 2 app, it downloaded but failed to install, asked me to retry and it failed again.
2016-5-14
Use props
brianserl
New
Flight distance : 2241 ft
United States

I had the exact same thing happen to me although I never got the option to upgrade from the DJI Assistant 2 app. I returned the drone to Best Buy. I tried everything and nothing got it flying again.
2016-5-15
Use props
ortmaier
New

absmac Posted at 2016-5-14 19:04
I have read that if the Remote Control is upgraded first there is a security issue and the DJI GO  ...

Where did you read that there is an issue if you upgrade the RC fisrt?
What is the real latest version number of the RC at the moment?
2016-5-15
Use props
phantompower1
New

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-14 18:40
You can find it in General Settings—About. If all the things are upgraded to the latest, the vers ...

Dear Team and members of the Forum,

I have the same issue with the "RC Signal Lost".

What happended?

Today I started to do my first fly with my new Phantom 4
(by the way I have already a Phantom 3 professional and this on works quite good)

1) I connected my ipad air to to the remote Controller
2) Turned on my RC
3) Opened the dji go app
4) Turned on the P 4
5) I got a question about a Firmware update.
6) Before updating I tried the RC and started the Phantom 4 by Tuning on the Motors just to hear how they work.

7) Then I agreed to do a Firmware update in my app and saw the updating process on the Screen.
I guess this was the update of the remote Controller. I seemed to be successful.

8) After that I turned off RC and Drone and cloesed the app.

9) Then I turned on RC, Drone and started the app.

-----------------------------------------------------

10) The following happended:
a) green light of the RC is on
b) There is a picture of the camera on the Screen
c) you can not rotate the camera by the wheel on the lift side of the RC.

11) Important:
You get the mesage "RC control lost"
---------------------------------------------
You can´t control the Phantom 4.
You can not start the engine and nothing else.

Then I changed the ipad to the iphone 6s+ just to make sure ist has nothing to do with the ipad.(the same happended)

12) There is the following message on a red ground on top left: Update Radio Firmware"
and below:
--------------------------------------------------
Warning (yello letters)
Aircraft Firmware Inconsistent. Download
update from DJI GO Homepage.
---------------------------------------------------

13) If I try to update my drone firmware by connection to my Notebook and using the dji assistant therre is always a problem to start this updating process and
it does not work.

What should I do to get a Connection with the aircraft again?

2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

absmac Posted at 2016-5-14 19:04
I have read that if the Remote Control is upgraded first there is a security issue and the DJI GO  ...

You can upload the log to dropbox and post the link here. Here is the tutorial
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

phantompower1 Posted at 2016-5-16 10:08
Dear Team and members of the Forum,

I have the same issue with the "RC Signal Lost".

What is your drone's firmware version now? Here is a picture of the latest versions.Please try to upgrade the aircraft's firmware to latest via DJI GO app or DJI Assistant 2. IMG_0475.PNG
2016-5-15
Use props
asdisp
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-14 17:57
You can try to sign out and login DJI Assistant 2 again or restart the drone to refresh the firmwa ...

Hi Sir, I had same problem. The DJI Assistant just searching the firmware version but no result, just ring of searching all the way. Already tried your suggestion with no result. The P4 is allready detect by software but no reading for the firmware. Please help
2016-5-15
Use props
asdisp
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-16 10:57
What is your drone's firmware version now? Here is a picture of the latest versions.Please try to  ...

Hi Sir, DJI Go app, doesn't recognice my RC firmware. on the sreen its N/A for remote controller. how do I fix it?
2016-5-15
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

asdisp@yahoo.co Posted at 2016-5-16 13:27
Hi Sir, DJI Go app, doesn't recognice my RC firmware. on the sreen its N/A for remote controller.  ...

Please try to upgrade the RC again with this method:
Try to hold the C1, C2, video record, ISO dial buttons simultaneously to turn on the remote controller. Then launch App, download the upgrade package, and re-upgrade.
2016-5-15
Use props
phantompower1
New

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-16 11:57
What is your drone's firmware version now? Here is a picture of the latest versions.Please try to  ...

Dear forum members,

now I tried 8 times to upgrade the phantom 4 via usb cable and PC and it didn´t work.This means it took very a long time to wait and then I saw the 2 different firmware version to choose on the screen. When I choosed the newest one the pocess dint´t start or crashed during the installation procedure.
But then the 8. try the assistant  strated to install the software and upgrading the phantom 4.

After that I rebooted everything and what a surprise: the RC connection now works without any failure.

I can not explain why this happened and hope that now everything is ok.
I will start flying tomorrow because today it´s raining outside all the time.

Thank to all for their help.
2016-5-16
Use props
kylmannen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4335463 ft
Sweden

I have the same problem.  After i uppgradera the dji go app, the  picture freeze when i starts the phantom 4. You can look at my youtube channel,  kylmannen kyla.
2016-5-16
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

phantompower1 Posted at 2016-5-16 23:19
Dear forum members,

now I tried 8 times to upgrade the phantom 4 via usb cable and PC and it didn ...

Glad to hear that. Feel free to post your result here.
2016-5-16
Use props
raj9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185259 ft
United Kingdom

This post might help explin some of your issue and provide a solution. I had faced something similar and this worked for me.

http://www.heliguy.com/blog/2016 ... re-upgrade-warning/

Good luck.
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules