I1 can't enter into travel mode after firmware update 1.8.01.00
747 2 2016-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Masud Azadi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 273543 ft
India

I just performed a successful firmware update to 1.8.01.00 for my Inspire 1. Everything went on smoothly without any issues. Updated my Inspire 1 first, then the battery packs, then the RC. As i was getting ready for packing up- i did the 4 times RC switch gesture to get it into travel mode but my i1 goes way beyond the travel mode and enters the ‘landing gear raised’ mode (just like when its flying). Tried getting it into travel mode through the APP on my iPad but the same thing happens. Anyone facing similar issues? What to do? Help! I have an aerial shoot in 4 hours- need to pack up and get going!!!   
2016-5-15
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Make sure when you engage travel mode you are on a smooth flat surface only , the travel mode most have a point of reference or it will go all the way up to raised gear mode. Make sure you have the camera removed as well.

Donnie

In the future , I would never update the day of a job, just in case.  
2016-5-15
Use props
mc15601
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124984 ft
United States

Yes, do as Donnie says. I had that happen to me before when I was using a towel to cover my workbench. I ended up putting it on the concrete floor in my garage and it worked fine. I'm guessing it uses the sensor on the bottom to determine the location of the ground.
2016-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules