Video footage is driving me crazy
1110 20 2016-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
juvajuri
lvl.1
United States

Hi Everyone, i just bought my new phantom 4, very exited to have it BUT after i  saw my footage, i try everything to fix it, But still no luck. I don't if it's a firmware proble or defective camera, or a setting that is not right , i am going crazy trying this problem. i am about to sent this phantom back to the dealer, but before i do so i would love to hear some input Please.
Please help.

2016-5-15
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

please post a link to a public video so we can diagnosis your video problem. The link you posted above is a private video with a private link and cannot be viewed.
2016-5-15
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

i'm getting this...
Private.jpg
2016-5-15
Use props
Alari
lvl.2

Switzerland

Your video is private, and no one can see it other than you, hence no one can help you.
2016-5-15
Use props
juvajuri
lvl.1
United States

ok ok, i will do that right now. sorry guys.

2016-5-15
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

juvajuri Posted at 2016-5-15 11:02

thanks juvajuri, once you do so we will take a look and see what's going on.
2016-5-15
Use props
juvajuri
lvl.1
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-15 23:05
thanks juvajuri, once you do so we will take a look and see what's going on.

ok i just post it again and thanks.
2016-5-15
Use props
Alari
lvl.2

Switzerland

juvajuri Posted at 2016-5-15 17:02

Yes I get the same thing(the lines part), even posted a video:

It's been suggested it can be a issue with your device running the app, being low on memory, but in cases it isn't, no-one seems to know why this happens.

Maybe there's a lot of interference (check it) and it's most likely just the stream, and the video on your crafts sd card should be fine, if not, then that's a reason for return. This video is probably just the recorded stream on the app, because of the 720p.
2016-5-15
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

It's definitely your device. You need a device with strong processing power and high RAM (having a dedicated tablet doesn't hurt either). Its mostly lag your seeing, besides the lines across the screen (i believe also your device). It's too slow. Try uninstalling apps you don't use, killing all apps in the background, cleaning out the cache, etc. If these things don't help, you may need a different device. One question though - Is the video recorded on the SD card just as choppy? or is that fine?
2016-5-15
Use props
juvajuri
lvl.1
United States

Alari Posted at 2016-5-15 23:23

well its hard to tell now, i order yesterday a sd card reader. i am gonna wait to see. i am also thinking delete some of picture and video footage from the phone and will post the result. Thanks.
2016-5-15
Use props
juvajuri
lvl.1
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-15 23:42
It's definitely your device. You need a device with strong processing power and high RAM (having a d ...

this is the thing, i don't have yet an SD card reader, i order one. the only thing i have now is my note 4, i might get a dedicated tablet for that. i order one but no receive it yet. i love my new toy. i just would like to film this beautiful shot like you Guys.
2016-5-15
Use props
Alari
lvl.2

Switzerland

juvajuri Posted at 2016-5-15 18:19
this is the thing, i don't have yet an SD card reader, i order one. the only thing i have now is m ...

You don't need a sd card reader, when you plug the craft into your computer with the USB it'll act as a reader itself.. An extra drive will be mounted.
2016-5-15
Use props
Alari
lvl.2

Switzerland

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-15 17:42
It's definitely your device. You need a device with strong processing power and high RAM (having a d ...

If you take a look at my footage, you can see that the lines are there and at one point they're not.. they frequent me not every flight but regularly. If it were device memory, I'd be seeing them more and the rest of the footage wouldn't be as smooth. Also, I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact tablet, which is rather capable when it comes to hardware, and others have noticed this happening even with new dedicated high end devices.
2016-5-15
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

juvajuri Posted at 2016-5-15 12:19
this is the thing, i don't have yet an SD card reader, i order one. the only thing i have now is m ...

as soon as you get that SD card reader in (although you don't need it, as Alari explains below the post i'm replying to) you will be able to transfer the files to your PC and see the beautiful footage the P4 creates. Once you get it in or plug in your aircraft and get the files, you will be able to see, edit, and post the footage "just like us"
2016-5-15
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Have you tried it away from all those power lines?
Just a thought.
2016-5-15
Use props
juvajuri
lvl.1
United States

talk2t_c Posted at 2016-5-16 01:29
Have you tried it away from all those power lines?
Just a thought.

Not Yet, but i will do today. Will keep you posted.
2016-5-15
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Alari Posted at 2016-5-15 13:15
If you take a look at my footage, you can see that the lines are there and at one point they're no ...

I get the same thing, (the lines) only when right after launching, when i'm still close to my aircraft. Once I fly away, they go away every single time. They also aren't there every time I fly, only in certain areas. It may have something to do with where your flying and the interference involved with that area. It's weird that it only happens sometimes, and for me only in a certain area (outside my house in the middle of miles of woods). Anywhere else I fly (out of 72 flights) have never done it, and probably two dozen of those are outside my house (where it did have the lines and lag).
2016-5-15
Use props
juvajuri
lvl.1
United States

Problem solved. you guys were right, i just connect my bird directly to my pc, it's a whole different scenario now. everything looks clear , sharp . Wow i am so happy. Thanks a million Guys. the problem was my phone not the bird. PH 4.
2016-5-15
Use props
juvajuri
lvl.1
United States

looks way much better now.
2016-5-15
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829908 ft

Alari Posted at 2016-5-15 23:23

What device your are using?  I had the same problem with my note 4 so I went and bought a nvida sheld k1. Brand new out the box with no apps installed except the DJI GO and got the same thing. I put it in airplane mode,turned off the wifi and the distortion never went. I decided to use my kids mini 2, same location, flight path,etc and not once I got the distortion. There quiet of few people that raved about the k1, which is why I got it, and I could not get rid of the distortion, so I returned it. I also tried the debugging, and it did not make a differnce.

Also, I read the follow me mode does not work without the celluar option on the apple. It worked fine on the mini 2 and its wifi only.
2016-5-15
Use props
andreweaton69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1234993 ft
Australia

Gday
I used a galaxy 5 on my off road bike trip and had this problem. I was able to work through  it but intially thought  there was ground interference. I use a galaxy 9.7 tablet no issues like this and caches to deivice in 720 fine☺
Gimble used to tilt  but all sorted
2016-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules