4018 25 2016-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

If this has been posted elsewhere I apologize.

When a prop guard is attached to the Phantom the object avoidence sensors are turned off automatically. You will receive a notice that the system is off on your smart device. People using a phone instead of a tablet may or may not notice the caution.
I would imagine that the sensors detect the guards in their field of view.
2016-5-15
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

that is correct, the reason it turns off is because the prop guards pop into the OA camera's view. Some people have suggested only putting the guards on the back, but I think that might throw off the aerodynamics of the aircraft in flight. I'm interested to try it once I get them in the mail though. BTW this topic does have another thread.
2016-5-15
Use props
Jeffo C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159488 ft
Australia

I recently purchased the P4 prop guards and tried them out in my garage, and yes when you power up the unit you do get a notification on the GO app that the prop guards are installed and object avoidance is turned off   
2016-5-15
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

But bouncing off the walls is completely "Bumper-Car" Fun!!
2016-5-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FatedFilmsNC Posted at 2016-5-15 10:51
that is correct, the reason it turns off is because the prop guards pop into the OA camera's view. S ...

I missed the other thread that is why I addressed that in the beginning.
2016-5-16
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally I don't like prop guards but I do use them in certain situations.
2016-5-16
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

What do think about these:
http://s.aliexpress.com/myqUbiUN

It doesn't affect obstacles avoidance and it's flexible.
What I'm interested in is how much does it weight...?
2016-5-17
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-5-18 03:48
What do think about these:
http://s.aliexpress.com/myqUbiUN

Those are what I am referring to. They are an excellent prop guard that is made for the Phantom 4. Basically no weight at all and simple installation. The avoidance system is shut down automatically when they are installed. The guard falls into the angle of view of the sensors.
2016-5-19
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

Sorry, I sent the wrong link. This is a link for light, flexible and not affecting obstacles avoidance system propellers guards.

XYT New Technology DJI Phantom 4 accessories Propeller Guard/Protector won't affect the Phantom 4 Obstacle Sensing system
http://s.aliexpress.com/qANFjYjI
2016-5-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-5-20 04:28
Sorry, I sent the wrong link. This is a link for light, flexible and not affecting obstacles avoidan ...

Not a problem.
2016-5-22
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

I received the propellers guards today and they are really working with out blocking the sensors. Only 17 grams each and they are bit flexible which is a good thing to my opinion.
2016-5-29
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-5-30 01:40
I received the propellers guards today and they are really working with out blocking the sensors. On ...

Are you sure about this? Not blocking the sensors and your not getting any notifications in the Go app? Would like to hear more. Cheers!
2016-5-29
Use props
Moshe.mmm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Israel

Yes friend. I specifically bought these because they are not affecting obstacles avoidance system. I would not use guards that blocks another guard system.
I attached a link few posts above.
2016-5-29
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Moshe.mmm Posted at 2016-5-29 15:19
Yes friend. I specifically bought these because they are not affecting obstacles avoidance system. I ...

Interesting. It appears that the difference between the two is the locking strap.
I am looking for a source of the clear plugs that go in the slot where the guards go. I put mine in a safe place so I wouldn't lose them. You know the rest of the story.
2016-5-30
Use props
fans12bbc2f7
New

Canada

I have been told by support

http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-pro-propeller-guard

these prop guards will work on the stranded P4 and Will not disable obstacle avoidance looks like i am sold.

I ordered a pair today

2016-12-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

When I ordered my Phantom 3 Pro, I had originally also requested a set of prop guards...
Fortunately at that time, they only offered the permanent kind. No easy on, click off prop guards were available.
So I decided against them. It would have been way too much bother to unscrew them most every time, to take them off for transport?
If I only flew out of my back yard, it would have been doable.  I couldn't afford a large enough case to house them attached.
Now I have the wonderful Plasticase Nanuk 945 hard side case, which has a storage compartment for just that, removable prop guards.
But I found them to be unnecessary for my drone flight style.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-20
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-20 18:12
When I ordered my Phantom 3 Pro, I had originally also requested a set of prop guards...
Fortunately at that time, they only offered the permanent kind. No easy on, click off prop guards were available.
So I decided against them. It would have been way too much bother to unscrew them most every time, to take them off for transport?

And now we have anti-collision. The P4 design is super. Easy on and easy off.
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

rodger Posted at 2016-12-21 05:23
And now we have anti-collision. The P4 design is super. Easy on and easy off.

Yes, the good fortune for many new pilots. Anti collision, built in...  ;-)

Just in time for the vast number of new Christmas drone pilots.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
tfs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95699 ft
United States

These prop guards work great with the p4 AND it doesn't bother the censers at all  http://www.ebay.com/itm/172378759059
2016-12-21
Use props
Paulemus
New

United States

There seems to be some misinformation on disabling the sensors.  I think you just have to test them.  I used them for video in rainforest crowded with trees.  Also advisable for around a lot of people like at a wedding.
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Paulemus Posted at 2016-12-21 18:18
There seems to be some misinformation on disabling the sensors.  I think you just have to test them.  I used them for video in rainforest crowded with trees.  Also advisable for around a lot of people like at a wedding.

Oooh, I'd hate to read about another wedding drone disaster... ;-)
Hope that you would be very well practiced, before venturing into the nuptial crowd. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-21 11:55
Yes, the good fortune for many new pilots. Anti collision, built in...  ;-)

Just in time for the vast number of new Christmas drone pilots.

Sa feta features are always welcome whether a beginner or seasoned pilot. The FAA issued a release yesterday on the anniversary of US Drone Registration. They stated that there are over 600,000 Drones registered in the US at this time.
2016-12-22
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Paulemus Posted at 2016-12-21 20:18

What kind of information are you referring to? The P4's original guards disabled the sensors when installed. I believe the sensors were seeing them when installed. I removed mine as I feel that the sensors were the better option. Personally I don't fly where there are groups of people. It is also a violation of Part 107.
2016-12-22
Use props
ZS1SSM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123146 ft
South Africa

Talking about prop guards---is it possible to print them with a 3d printer?  And if possible where to get the plans ?  
2016-12-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ZS1SSM Posted at 2016-12-26 18:12
Talking about prop guards---is it possible to print them with a 3d printer?  And if possible where to get the plans ?

Yes, it might very well be possible, but I seriously doubt thewy would have the streewngth to work in the manner intended. Most 3D printed items are structurally weak.
2016-12-26
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ZS1SSM Posted at 2016-12-26 02:12

I am sure that you could. The question would be the type of material used. Honestly, the DJI price for the guards is more than reasonable and if you are referring to the P4 the installation and removal is a real honey of a setup.
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules