Selling a crashed P3P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mackswell
lvl.1

United States

Just curious what people's advice is for selling a Phantom 3 Professional that you've crashed before.
I have crashed my P3P twice but it still works beautifully.  The first crash was luckily just broken props as I accidentally hooked it into some brush— easy fix.  The second crash was worse, as my P3P auto-landed on top of a 60-foot redwood tree, and probably free-fell through branches about 20 feet.  The yaw arm snapped right off.  However, I was able to repair it with a replacement yaw arm (F-Stop Labs CNC aluminum replacement part) and new flex ribbon cable from DJI.  My repair worked with one caveat, you have to re-calibrate the gimbal every time you turn the drone back on to have camera tilting functionality.  The drone flies perfectly and the camera works as well as it should.

I'm considering upgrading to the Phantom 4 or possibly replacing the 4K camera gimbal entirely (with a new 4K camera gimbal) just to start fresh.

Do my crashes make it a difficult package to sell with the repaired 4K camera gimbal?  Or should I sell the drone and the camera gimbal separately?  Any other hot takes on whether upgrading to P4 is worth it would be great to hear as well.

Thanks,
Mad Macks
2016-5-16
Use props
BJsCOOT2
lvl.2

United States

Where are you located and what would you be asking for it?
2016-5-16
Use props
mackswell
lvl.1

United States

BJsCOOT2 Posted at 2016-5-17 04:39
Where are you located and what would you be asking for it?

I'm in Los Angeles. I don't know for sure— that's why I'm asking.

I'm seeing people have sold their P3P's sans camera gimbal for $350-$600 on ebay and their camera gimbals (for parts often) for $150 to $300.

PM me if you're interested.
2016-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules