Never fly with compass error!
1258 12 2016-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blowin' free
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1932687 ft
Italy

Never fly with compass error!  This is my mistake, lost control for a couple of minutes. Fortunately I was able to take control and landing without damages.

http://healthydrones.com/main?share=UhUMyf
2016-5-17
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Your compass was fine according to the flight record.  You had no GPS for some reason which just means you were in ATTI mode.  It's important to be able to fly in ATTI mode for when there's a problem with GPS.
Edit: Looking again, it shows GPS to be good, but for some reason it switched between GPS mode & ATTI mode.  You might want to send your flight records to DJI for analysis.
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

nigelw Posted at 2016-5-17 17:38
Your compass was fine according to the flight record.  You had no GPS for some reason which just mea ...

Agree.When the compass error happens, it is recommended to switch to A mode and land the drone asap.
2016-5-17
Use props
Blowin' free
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1932687 ft
Italy

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-17 11:40
Agree.When the compass error happens, it is recommended to switch to A mode and land the drone asa ...

Ok, I didn't know to switch in A mode in this situation....
But if I'm in P and gps isn't available, the drone doesn't switch to Attitude automatically?
2016-5-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

Blowin&#39 free Posted at 2016-5-17 18:02
Ok, I didn't know to switch in A mode in this situation....
But if I'm in P and gps isn't availabl ...

If the GPS is not good enough when the drone in P-mode, it will switch to P-Atti mode P-atti.JPG
2016-5-17
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-17 06:04
If the GPS is not good enough when the drone in P-mode, it will switch to P-Atti mode

in Atti mod the drone can still return home... but wouldnt the drone drift and have  a hard time returning home if there is wind???? Please reply
2016-5-31
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

I never understood the whole ATTI mode and RTH..  maybe if GPS is available, but if it is not, then how the heck will it return home?
I think that still depends on GPS being good....
I;ve seen some small cheap drones with "headless mode" that attempted to remember what happened and return home.. never worked..  
Not sure if I'd trust RTH if ATTI that was caused by GPS issue.
Also, I have heard that compass issues will make your GPS go wild as well...  if it's true, that could actually e a compass calibration that would help with the GPS flipping on/off like that maybe?

2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

gerardorejeg Posted at 2016-6-1 12:32
in Atti mod the drone can still return home... but wouldnt the drone drift and have  a hard time r ...

The RTH period of ATTI mode is the same as P-GPS mode.But if there exists the strong wind,the drone will have a hard time to go back.
2016-5-31
Use props
Arctic man
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140164 ft
Canada

I fly with compass error due to the fact that I live further north then megnatic North Pole, but I fly with good GPS reading. I can't even do follow me and 360 videos
2016-6-1
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

But wait!  You can't go north of the north pole.  If you are at the north pole, any direction you go will be south!  
2016-6-1
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Arctic man Posted at 2016-6-1 20:37
I fly with compass error due to the fact that I live further north then megnatic North Pole, but I f ...

Boy, that's a scenario that I guess would be a head-scratcher for DJI support if you ever had a problem!
2016-6-1
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Arctic man Posted at 2016-6-1 06:37
I fly with compass error due to the fact that I live further north then megnatic North Pole, but I f ...

Ha! Interesting!  That is not a common issue to have to deal with!
2016-6-1
Use props
Arctic man
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140164 ft
Canada

When we use GPS we set the setting to true north, wish DJI had that option, Google Grise Fiord Nunavut Canada
2016-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules