Bricked P4 - So disappointed - Aircraft Encoder Error - Abnormal
3380 10 2016-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
evandro.dr
New

Respectfully let me say my bad dream that start since I've bought a Phantom 4.

I bought it and at first place upgrade Aircraft and RC.

What I've got is:

1. No image at all
2. Overall Status says "Firmware is of latest version" "Abnormal" "Aircraft Encoder Error"
3. No signal

Facts:

1. Aircraft responds perfctlly, tilt camera, start engines, respond to RC (tried with no propelers)
2. The only problem is the Aircraft Encoder Error + Abnormal + No image. Those problems are stucking me and I can't fly, Actually has 3 weeks I've bought and I didn't even did a one single flight!

I've being digging over forum, internet, everything...from that I found out that I need to upgrade new firmware at Aircraft FISRT then upgrade the RC. I did that million times, following stricty the procedures from DJI and people how fixed this problem. Still no good

But the biggest problem of that is I can't send this back to the dealer because I've bought in another country since in Brazil there isn't oficial dealer. Taking to the seller online he told I've might send this back and maybe an error upgrading might burn the camera board. WHAT????? Let's say someone fails the upgrade (not saying that this was my case) and has a probabillity to brick the camera??? If that is truth, can I say DJI is trustble?? Not at ALL. I've seem more people with similar problem, some got fix, some don't but the fact is I'm stuck, I paid expensive price for a BRICK. DJI support online, I don't know what to say, people here knows.

So DJI, I need you help me, I need you say something I can try to do at home, if there is no way, please do something that I can send this beck to you and you send me a brand new one (one that really works).
2016-05-18 02.30.14.png
2016-05-18 02.30.20.png
2016-05-18 02.31.08.png
1.jpg
2016-5-18
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Which device do you use? IOS or android?
Try another device to see any better
2016-5-18
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

evandro.dr,

Take a look at this post http://forum.dji.com/thread-47577-1-1.html

Connor Schulte
2016-5-18
Use props
evandro.dr
New

I'm using Android, the only thing I've not tried was using Apple. I don't thing will me any difference, but I'll give a try with friend's apple device.
2016-5-18
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Make sure you use supported device, please see the list below
iOS Version v2.8.1.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.8.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Evandro, I'd suggest you to use some IOS devices in our recommended list and re-flash the aircraft's firmware again via DJI Assistant 2.After re-flashing the firmware, restart the drone and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2016-5-18
Use props
evandro.dr
New

Thank you hungdang. Actually I've tried using Samsung S5 that is on the list.

Thank you DJI-Paladin, I'll try tomorrow an Apple device. I've tried serveal times re-installing firmware via DJI Go and Assistant 2.

I still thinking this is not hardware issue.

Do anyone think that firmware failure could be capable of damage the camera? Even I CAN see that is taking pic and videos (I can see from the SD card) but it just not feed app?
2016-5-19
Use props
paw2583
New

United Kingdom

Same happing to me but worse thing was it happen during when i was flying and video was Lost 50 m from me and error came up.
How now Dji you help to us i paid £1300 for drone who losing video signal becouse of this error.what resolution you got for yours costumers. mistake in hardware and software is not acceptable Waiting for some anwser and where I had to give back for repair.i buy this drone at Apple Store Leeds UK
With regards Pawel Wojciechowski
image.png
2016-6-22
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

paw2583 Posted at 2016-6-23 03:51
Same happing to me but worse thing was it happen during when i was flying and video was Lost 50 m fr ...

Sorry for your issue, Pawel. Please get in touch with our EU support as below: 联系欧洲.JPG
2016-6-24
Use props
thomasschmid
New
Flight distance : 272 ft

paw2583 Posted at 2016-6-23 03:51
Same happing to me but worse thing was it happen during when i was flying and video was Lost 50 m fr ...

HI,

i have the same Problem on my P4...

Have you an answer?
2016-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules