Phamton 4 new firmware update rc gimbal controller stoped working!
813 8 2016-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonp1969
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi i was forced to ungrade to the latested phamton 4 firmware or it wouldnt allow me to fly! so i hit the upgrade button.. anyway ater a nightmare 4 hour: upgrade. my gimbal wheel wont work on the rc. worked before. reinstalled the firmware but still no go: any ideas. yes i have a drop issue! nealy lost the bird! dji DONT FORCE PEOPLE TO UPGRADE BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO SPEND MY LIFE SORTING YOUR UNTESTED SOFTWARE!

2016-5-19
Use props
connorschulte
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261033 ft
United States

Hi jonp1969, would you mind uploading your flight logs to http://healthydrones.com so I can tell you what may have happened?
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience,Jonp1969. Could you upload a video of the gimbal issue? After the upgrading, it is recommended to calibrate the IMU again.
2016-5-19
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Jonp1969
did you update the phantom first then RC later?
2016-5-19
Use props
jonp1969
lvl.1
United Kingdom

no did it from the app on iphone didnt even tell me i needed to do aircraft until later. then i did aircraft. how can i back track? do you think a downgrade to 1.58 on rc would help if so any idea how to downgrade? thanks
2016-5-19
Use props
jonp1969
lvl.1
United Kingdom

@paladin i did imu no difference. its the gimbal wheel that has stopped working. the wheel that adjust the exposure is fine! see no point in posting vid. the drop issue is down right dangerous!! i feel abused by dji into forcing me to upgrade by not letting me fly. "no fly firmware upgrade required"  as a newbe i didn't want to have to beta check dji software. i am to go on a trip to africa to photo the wildlife and now i cant use the gimbal to do the panoramas i had dreamed of. also the drop issue is just dangerous i dont have full control. my gimbal doesn't jump or shake thats one thing i am glad off: but i have never had level horizons thats a dream! i wonder what the legal situation is if dji faulty software causes me to damage my machine. how a love affair can be damaged. its the forced upgrade that caused my dismay...
2016-5-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

jonp1969 Posted at 2016-5-20 11:56
@paladin i did imu no difference. its the gimbal wheel that has stopped working. the wheel that adju ...

As for the gimbal wheel, you can try to downgrade the RC's firmware to test it. Here is the method:
From the main home page, if you press the graduation hat (upper right corner) and press it for 5-10 seconds then let go, it will take you into the downgrade menu (aircraft OFF while dong this.
As for the drop issue, please try to calibrate the IMU and downside sensing system.
2016-5-20
Use props
jonp1969
lvl.1
United Kingdom

well thanks paladin: i did calibrate the imu and downside s s.. no avail now saying i have spent 8/10 hours on this issue of forced upgrade to broken drone. can you tell me if the downgraded rc firmware will work with the aircraft latest up update? because before when only the rc was upgraded: it said (the app) the rc updated wasn't compatible with the older aircraft firmware? also can i downgrade the aircraft by selecting it in the assistant? or is this to test the gimbal wheel doesn't have a mechanical problem. i would remind you that the gimbal was working before upgrading firmware! i am not sure i feel like wasting more time on it. i can move the aircraft up and down with the joystick take a photo then move it down take a photo and stitch them in post while i am at it i will fix the horizon add colour sharpness tone stabilization and rolling shutter as best i can: i need a bigger computer to deal with the post. this is the idiotic unprofessional measures i am considering due to dji issues! oh ps i fitted a nd 16 filter but i dont suppose that would stop the gimbal wheel from working! removed for calibration!
2016-5-20
Use props
jonp1969
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ok paliden i downgraded to 1.5.8 yes i as i said the gimbal wheel is working. and i i thought it wont let me fly. so ungraded to 1.6.0 and gimbal not wheel working. so what do i know? well it makes not difference to my issue! also that the order of upgrade doesn't matter! i will have to downgrade rc and aircraft to get my gimbal working. so is dji aware of this bug? is their a fix coming before i spend more time on this? thanks.. sorry if i cant find a better attitude i would be more forgiving if i though i wasn't forced into upgrading before i had the time to deal with these issues maybe you would like to pass that on! give customers the choice to upgrade or not if you want customer harmony otherwise is up to dji to make sure the upgrades are perfect!
2016-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules