Phantom 3 pro firmware upgrade
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tbiss
lvl.2

United States

I've been reluctant to update my P3P due to all of the posts I see here.  I updated it to 1.05.0030 when I first got it last year.
Should I update to the latest version and if so, can I update directly from 1.05 to 1.08.0080?
I know the DJI app (iOS) has continued to update automatically.
I appreciate any advice on this.  
2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello tbiss, it is recommended to upgrade the firmware in sequence.If you have upgraded your drone to the latest 1.8.8, don't forget to upgrade your RC to 1.6.0 via DJI GO app. The upgrade notice could be found in Overall Status.
2016-5-20
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.2

United States

Take your time Biss.....read a lot.... before doing anything... you may just decide to count your blessings
2016-5-21
Use props
tbiss
lvl.2

United States

Yes, I'm in no hurry to upgrade.   I have two concerns with not keeping current.
1) Is it a problem that the DJI app continues to update automatically but the craft and controller are not updated?
2) I can no longer view or transfer photos via the DJI app editor (via lightbridge).  Will a firmware upgrade fix this?   I know I can transfer the photos to a computer via the SD card.  This prevents me from being able to easily download and send photos immediately from the field.  
2016-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules