965 3 2016-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ed.gregory
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47241 ft
United Kingdom

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Everything seems fine when I start up my inspire 1. No warnings and everything safe to fly. I test the camera on the ground and everything is perfect and working fine. When I take of it is ok for around 1 minute and then the gimble seems to die. The camera just goes limp and unresponsive (facing down. It keeps sending the signal and the rest of the drone is working as normal and expected.

It is windy outside but no worse than I have flown in before.

I have attached a photo as I think I maybe missing a screw. Checked online but can't tell if it should be there or not.

Thank you so much I advance.

image.jpg
2016-5-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

The empty screw is normal, it is used for other camera setups.  Now as far as the gimbal going limp, I would make sure all of the wiring is plugged in tight ( fully seated )  I think I would start the aircraft like on a table and closely just watch the camera and gimbal , see if something is makeing unusual  sounds.  The table will bring it close to you rather than getting  on the ground, listen close and make sure the fan is working on the camera and not causing it to overheat if it is not working.

You can also test the camera movement on the decck without the motors on as well, run it through its paces, up down left right and see if it fails.   

Also remove the camera from the gimbal and make sure the contacts are clean and making good connection.

Remote diagnostic :   It sounds to me like one of the gimbal servos is failing.

start here and let us know - donnie

2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

If you've done all the calibrations and nothing helps and it only does it when in the air then it could be an issue and in need of being looked at and repaired.
If you power it all up and hold the aircraft and move it around (like in flight movements) will it go limp ?
2016-5-20
Use props
videoguy
lvl.3
United States

I had a similar problem. Make sure the end connectors on the two gimbal cables are fully seated.  The camera worked but not the gimbal.. Seating the connectors fixed the problem.
2016-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules