Hd footage very blocky
1068 10 2016-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
p.caughers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all.
I experience some issues when viewing back footage. When watching kive while flying its perfectly clear footage.
When i edit the footage using dji app and save to device it seems very low res. The same when i upload to fb.
Should oli edit it on a different platform or app and if so isthere any advice as to what.
I use a galaxy s7 edge phone so it can handle the hd, i just dont seem to understand. It seems a shame to not upload the footage in glorious hd.
Thanks.
2016-5-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The DJI app is a very basic editing package and it is only working with the low resolution 720p copy that is saved to your phone. The real footage is on the SD card in the aircraft. You sghould either pop the card out, place it in a computer and copy the files off, or connect to the aircraft using a USB cable and copy it off that way. You would be best editing your footage on a PC or Mac using a decent editing program. Forget FB, they compress the crap out of everything saved to it, and it will turn your footage to mush.
2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello p.caughers, actually you edited the cache videos in your phone. You can download the original videos which are 1080P or lower to your phone and try to edit again.
2016-5-20
Use props
p.caughers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ah i see. And will that also get rid of the horizontal lines that seem to go down svreen? I set refresh rate to auto but would it be better setting to one of the 2 rates?
2016-5-20
Use props
p.caughers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Geebax, is it better to edit the upload to youtube then upload that to fb? Can you recommend an editing suite? I like the dji suite due to ease of use so if you know of something that is as easy to use i would appreciate it. Many thanks.
2016-5-21
Use props
oldcar82
lvl.2

United States

Yes...I was wondering the same thing..I have some nice footage but when I pull the footage to put together a little movie on my ipad mini using the go app..the footage is choppy. I cant say it is horrible but its just not smooth as some of the others I have seen pilots post. I also would like to see recommendations for editors suited for a amateur looking to make decent films, however don't want a program that is so complicated that it is geared to photographic professionals that need every option to produce sellable footage.
2016-5-21
Use props
p.caughers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thats what im after old car, im not going to be selling footage but it seems a shame to record in 2.5k and then watch and upload it in SD. Watching it on the laptop the footage is unreal and crystal clear but uploading and editing it makes it choppy. Also i have the issue of the horizontal lines.
If you happen to find an editing suite can you let me know?
2016-5-22
Use props
Sky dreamer
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-21 08:35
Hello p.caughers, actually you edited the cache videos in your phone. You can download the original  ...

Hi DJI,
I'm taking only single images or photos with my P3P in raw format. However, there is no information att all in the manuals or in the tutorials videos that it's not possible to download raw images to the app.
I have imported the raw images directly in to ADOBE Lightroom to do the image processing, but the quality of the images are extremely bad with low resolution and a lot of blur.
Maybe ADOBE Lightroom can't read the raw files correctly from the DJI camera?
Maybe you can inform me which program I shall use?
2016-5-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

p.caughers Posted at 2016-5-22 18:45
Thats what im after old car, im not going to be selling footage but it seems a shame to record in 2. ...

Try the free GoPro Studio software, it costs nothing and is easy to use. Also, Filmora Wondershare is a good choice too. There are others including a stunning pro editor, but it has a steep learning curve. You want to get some editing under your belt before you try the more powerful ones.
2016-5-22
Use props
p.caughers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thats what im after old car, im not going to be selling footage but it seems a shame to record in 2.5k and then watch and upload it in SD. Watching it on the laptop the footage is unreal and crystal clear but uploading and editing it makes it choppy. Also i have the issue of the horizontal lines.
If you happen to find an editing suite can you let me know?
2016-5-22
Use props
p.caughers
lvl.1

United Kingdom

GEEBAX thanks very much for the advice.
2016-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules