Obstacle sensing while descending flying forward
785 9 2016-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alpinekiwi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54803 ft
France

So I was flying the bird back to me after a lovely flight, when I noticed if I descended fast (my battery warning was beeping away at me and it was pretty high) AND flew forward towards my position, the obstacle sensors would kick in frequently and stop the bird.

Eventually I spun her around and descended flying backwards.

A bit erratic huh?
2016-5-20
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello alpinekiwi, were some obstacles in front of the drone at that time? It you have some screenshot of this issue, feel free to post them here.
2016-5-20
Use props
gsxr07boy
lvl.2

Mine will do the same thing if it is flying in to the sun sometimes
2016-5-20
Use props
gsxr07boy
lvl.2

Mine will do the same thing when I fly into the sun it thinks the sun is a obstacle.
2016-5-20
Use props
ardrijewellery
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's worth trying that flying straight into the sun, I have had similar problems with battery beeping.
2016-5-21
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

Do you know what was on your device's screen when this was going on? Was the device glitching, showing that there were obstacles in front of your aircraft when their actually wasn't? That's what happened to me, had the exact same situation as you. I figured out it was that the trees and stuff I had just passed froze onto my tablet's screen, somehow making the bird think there was a tree constantly in front of it (which doesn't make much sense, since I thought the OA sensors on the front of the P4 control when the bird stops, not what is showing on your device). I'm just stumped at that day's weird events and didn't fly again that day.
2016-5-21
Use props
ardrijewellery
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There was nothing in front of me just straight into sun, warning was obstacle avoidance
2016-5-21
Use props
rodAndTheCat
Second Officer

New Zealand

gsxr07boy Posted at 2016-5-21 19:57
Mine will do the same thing when I fly into the sun it thinks the sun is a obstacle.

Wow! these extended flying times are something else! does NASA know about this technology?
Rod and the cat
2016-5-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-5-23 10:49
Wow! these extended flying times are something else! does NASA know about this technology?{:4_143: ...

Yeah, might be a cheap way to fly to Europe, if I can get enough Phantoms to lift me.
2016-5-22
Use props
Nelsongc1
lvl.2
Puerto Rico

I am glad i found this thread because  this happened to me today while flying along the coast.  It did only happen while flying  into the sun and it was reflecting off the water.   I just descended a little and it was fine but scared me because I was over water.    Next time I know to turn a little and not fly directly into the sun in the evening.  It's not good video anyway but was the direct path back to my location.  I guess I could turn it off, but would rather plan a better route and leave it on.  
2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules