hi guys/gals,
my ipad dosent talk to my rc and problem with 1 battery
2016-5-21
Use props
MrSilicon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6693586 ft
Australia

I have had probs with the RC connecting with the iPad. Turned out to be a bad cable.
2016-5-21
Use props
byrneshaun4
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MrSilicon Posted at 2016-5-22 08:25
I have had probs with the RC connecting with the iPad. Turned out to be a bad cable.

thanks Mrsilicon, but the cable seems fine, it hooks up to my laptop ok and charges
2016-5-22
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

byrneshaun4 Posted at 2016-5-22 18:01
thanks Mrsilicon, but the cable seems fine, it hooks up to my laptop ok and charges

The problem can be 1) the RC; 2) the iPad or it's configuration; 3) the cable connecting the two devices.

MrSilicon correctly suggested checking number 3. Charging alone is not an indicator of data transfer. So, can you check the connection with the certified Apple cable that came with your iPad?

To check the internal components and usb port on the RC is difficult. So most folks simply try another mobile device to eliminate the RC as the issue. Do you perhaps have an alternative mobile device with the GO App to see if the RC will talk to it.

Since the iPad has numerous configuration that can affect communication, the first question is "did it work previously?" If so, then what changed? Did you update the GO App, or update firmware, etc.?

On mobile devices, USB connections are often protected. iOS presents a simple little "Trust this Computer" dialog that allows USB connectivity with iOS. Every now and then, the iPad will flash this and it will accidentally get set to NO and the result is no communications. Here's an Apple Support Article that describes the reset. Click this link to view the article.

Also take a look at some of the Common iOS tweaks for better connectivity. Click this link to view the summary.

Good luck with identifying the issue and always fly safe!

2016-5-22
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Good descriptive title for the thread!
2016-5-22
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2016-5-22 10:37
Good descriptive title for the thread!

That is funny Tharg, I thought the same thing ....Great Minds Think Alike ...

donnie
2016-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules