Traveling Internationally With P3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sammym19
lvl.1

United States

Hello All,

I am looking to travel internationally for the first time with my P3. I recently purchased the Hardshell DJI Backpack Case. As of right now, I have 6 ND Filters & Gradient Filters, As well as 2 batteries. I have already checked international laws for flying the P3 in my destination, and there are no regulations for flying. I know i will be carrying the drone as a carry-on due to the TSA regulations on batteries. I also have a Gopro that i will also need to carry as a Carry on. I am curious if anyone has determined the best way to travel with this equipment. Can i consider the Hardshell Backpack as my Carry-on, and have an additional duffle bag or small bag as a personal bag as well? Also due to new FAA Laws, is there any claim that must be made to the FAA that says i will be traveling internationally with the drone? It is a personal license, not for commercial uses.

Thanks,

S_19
2016-5-22
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

I think the rules depend on your airline. So the extra duffle bag is likely a no-go as the DJI backpack will fill the carry on luggage allowance. Other than that, most airlines will allow one personal item that fits under the seat in front of you, which would likely disqualify the duffle. I keep my GoPro stuff in a very small backpack that is about a woman's purse size.

As for having drone tech + batteries into a foreign country, that will depend on the customs desk of the country. The airlines have no control over that. You could mention the country here on the forum and hope that some reader has been there with a drone. Or you can call a representative of that country and ask, hoping that those at customs will follow the rules that you're given over the phone, which isn't guaranteed.

Good luck!
Chris
2016-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules