Inspire 1 X5R : Bad color distortion band in video mode
1343 8 2016-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kwaw3104
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142234 ft
Singapore

Bought the Inspire 1 X5R last week. Updated it to the latest fw but when i fire it up i realize a very visible color distortion band on my tablet in VIDEO mode. No such band appears when switch over to PHOTo mode.

The band is even more visible when point to a bright light source...or when you lower the shutter speed or open up thr aperture.

Heres the vid

Pls note that this color vand distortion also happens in Video mode when i mount the x5r on the osmo.

Can anyone advise whats happening?

2016-5-22
Use props
kwaw3104
lvl.3
Singapore

Hi...any comments from anyone...should i send the X5R back for a replacement?

I have downgraded and upgraded the fw several times but it is not helping in solving the color distortion.
2016-5-23
Use props
lvl.2

Hong Kong

How's the original files?  If the original files also have color distortion, I guess it might be a camera issue.
2016-5-23
Use props
kwaw3104
lvl.3
Singapore

Yes....it was recorded and view on my macbook....the color distortion is still there
2016-5-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

It looks to me like you are in an area with a lot of interference, try to get in a rural area and test your equipment again.  Also what are you using for the Go App, the best device is an apple I pad . also does you device playback in 4K if not the computer you are using cant keep up wiht the data, try again with like 1080 P

You have bought a High end camera system, unless you are a professional photographer , I would suggest getting a Inspire 1 V2 standard with X3 If you are big into Photography, this will be a great camera, keep in mind most of the editing for the Raw is done post production.
Also are you updated with the X5R latest firmware, if you have done the update and still have these lines , You may need to return the system.  Consider what I said earlier.

donnie
2016-5-24
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it shows up like that on the recorded footage on macbook too then get a replacement.
2016-5-24
Use props
kwaw3104
lvl.3
Singapore

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-24 22:43
It looks to me like you are in an area with a lot of interference, try to get in a rural area and te ...

Hi...I tried most locations...It's definitely not an interference issue. The color distortion happen only in bright condition. If you intentionally underexpose the shot by closing the aperture or using a faster shutter....the distortion will go away - but the video will look very dark.

We are not new to the world of aerial vids having own a fleet of S1000 mounted with our 5Dmkiii and have started using the inspires as it is lighter weight and a more versatile alternative.

I'm disappointed with the purchase of the IOneX5r (bought 1week ago)...we are on a shoot project with a fortune 500 company. Guess we have to revert to our S1000s which is freakily heavy to travel and lug along.

As mentioned, the photo mode works perfect but not video.

I have since returned the camera to DJI for a replacement. Hope it come back soon.
2016-5-24
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kwaw3104@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-24 23:27
Hi...I tried most locations...It's definitely not an interference issue. The color distortion happ ...

Hmm sounds like dodgy firmware. I think from now as a safe rule wait 6 months before buying newly released DJI products. I'm just going through my iceland footage shot with the x5 and noticed some footage in log mode (old firmware) jumps about a bit like auto iso was on. Its all fixed now but some of this footage is a bit pants! Going to have to make it contasty to hide it.
Otherwide though dji products are awesome!

Hope they get a replacement out to you asap.
2016-5-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

kwaw3104@gmail. Posted at 2016-5-24 17:27
Hi...I tried most locations...It's definitely not an interference issue. The color distortion happ ...

Ok, good luck, sorry you are having trouble.

donnie
2016-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules