Help with RC upgrade
795 5 2016-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tyshearman
lvl.1

United States

After having the inspire in storage over th winter I got it out last night to get ready for flying season.  I was still on the 1.03 firmware so I downloaded the new 1.08
on a micro SD and usb stick.  first of all 2 batteries will not respond to a charge or will not turn on at all however that isnt my concern now.  So after the inspire successfully
went through the update I plugged in the USB to the remotes, neither updated.  Found you can only update through the app, so I got the app connected to my main RC
and DL the new firmware.  first attemp to DL it failed at 58%, so I retried and success.  Clicked update and the remote did its D-D-D-D thing, after the process finished the App still says
update required however I cannot go though the update process again it just fails without trying.  I have deleted the app off my phone and tried redowloading the firmware and still same result.  It did this on both RC, now the power light on the RC is a faint blue and wont connect to inspire?  Please Advise
2016-5-23
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

So you do have the Aircraft updated to 1.8 correct ?  It is very important that you update the AC first.   If so great, now we have a RC that is only partially  updated.  What I would do is charge the RC up to 100% then you could try again via the Go app OR you can load a Thumb drive with the 1.6 file directly on to the RC.  I will include a link with the 1.6 file and directions.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

Also your RC may have only updated to 1.58 and not 1.6.  If that is the case I would just use my file to update the RC, just follow my instructions 100% and you will  get squared away.  

Make sure you has success with 1.8 on the AC, it will only work if 1.8 is on the AC and RC is 1.6

Now the batteries, you may have to try to force charge them by turning them on while on the charge clip.  If that does not work they may have over -discharged and are toast, may need new batteries.

Lets get the RC up to date  first.

donnie

2016-5-23
Use props
tyshearman
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-23 12:52
So you do have the Aircraft updated to 1.8 correct ?  It is very important that you update the  ...

Yes the A/C successfully upgraded to 1.8  I will try your link to the thread tonight I appreciate it.
I was told you cannot upgrade via USB for the R/C is that not the case?  When I tried the R/C last night
the app said it was 1.6 that was downloaded

Thanks for taking the time to reply

As far as the batteries go, they will not turn on even on the charger.  I have one on the charger for 15-20 mins and still nothing

2016-5-23
Use props
ahmadabedx
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Ahmad Abed

dji inspire I have gotten blue light after upgrade
image.jpg
2016-5-23
Use props
tyshearman
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-24 01:52
So you do have the Aircraft updated to 1.8 correct ?  It is very important that you update the  ...

Thanks a million!  This solved my RC problem.  I will deal with the batteries later as I have a case open with DJI so I will see what they have to say first.  One thing I would like to note for others having this problem.  When I first loaded the firmware on the usb drive it wouldnt read, I checked the formatting (which was FAT).  I remembered hearing someone saying it needed to be FAT32, so I formatted as such and it work 1st time on both R/Cs
2016-5-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

tyshearman Posted at 2016-5-25 10:45
Thanks a million!  This solved my RC problem.  I will deal with the batteries later as I have a ca ...

Brilliant, glad I was able to help.

donnie
2016-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules