Return to Home Failure, got a Free Repair but :(
2844 15 2016-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

Hi there,

I've experienced a return to home failure and my phantom 3 professional crashed on a building, having lost the gimbal with the camera and the battery.

As I live in Turkey, I have been redirected to the European Support Team, after filling the analysis form and sending the invoice of my order, they replied me back saying that they are going to repair my unit for free, and I felt so happy until I've found what I've to do in order to get the free repair.

Here we go, my phantom 3 professional unit was bought in USA and brought by a friend as a gift to me to Turkey and What DJI Europe Support team told me to do is that I've to contact and send my unit to the dealer which is located in United States.

- So I have to send my unit to United States from Turkey (I've no idea how much the shipping might cost).

After having a chat with my dealer, I was told that once they receive the unit they will send it to DJI for the repair.

- So I have to pay for the shipping cost of the shipping of my unit from the Dealer to the DJI. (I've no idea how much the shipping might cost.)

I was also told that DJI will send it back to the Dealer after the repair.

- So I have to pay for the shipping cost of the shipping of my unit from DJI to the Dealer. (I've no idea how much the shipping might cost.)

Finally I was told that the dealer would send the repaired unit back to me, to Turkey from USA.

- So I have to pay for the shipping cost of the shipping of my unit from the dealer to the me. Meaning that shipping from USA to Turkey. (I've no idea how much the shipping might cost.)

I've sent another email to the DJI's EU Support Team asking if there might be another solution for the repair, I'm waiting for a constructive reply from them.

Would someone have any suggestions for my case ? I feel desperate and confused, just hoping for an easier solution.

2016-5-23
Use props
Slow Down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163599 ft
Hong Kong

most of companies can't provide global warranty....Different countries have different price and warranty policy.
2016-5-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

vidyograf, I'm sorry for this complicated situation! Hopefully you 'll get this issue sorted out.
2016-5-24
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-5-24 13:02
vidyograf, I'm sorry for this complicated situation! Hopefully you 'll get this issue sorted out.

I've just received a reply from DJI, the reply is far away from being constructive.

Here we go with the details :

First of all I thought this email 'support.eu@dji.com' was for EU Support, but the support personal with whom I've been writing emails told me that he is from the DJI China Support Centre.

- This means sending emails to support.eu@dji.com might direct you to the DJI China Support Centre. (very interesting)

Anyway the support personal from DJI China Support Centre told me that since my dji phantom 3 has been bought in United States I've to send it to United States for a free repair, otherwise sending the unit to China would mean that I've to pay for the repair as well.

- So things are getting even more complicated. DJI Europe directed me to DJI China, and sending the unit to China would mean NO free repair.

At the end of the reply that I've got from DJI China, I was told that I've to contact to DJI USA for a prompt reply and fast help.

- Shocking, at the beginning DJI Chat Support directed me to DJI Europe, then DJI Europe directed me to DJI China, and now DJI China directing me to DJI USA.

I keep on hoping for an alternative solution for the dji pilots like me living in different countries than USA.

Could anyone help me please ? I hope that DJI will offer me an easier solution for that.

Note : In Turkey there are authorized dealers but no authorized technical support services.
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

vidyograf Posted at 2016-5-24 20:17
I've just received a reply from DJI, the reply is far away from being constructive.

Here we go wit ...

I am sorry, and I have sent emails and will let you know what I find out.
2016-5-24
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-24 17:22
I am sorry, and I have sent emails and will let you know what I find out.

Thanks a lot.
2016-5-24
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

Slow Down Posted at 2016-5-24 06:55
most of companies can't provide global warranty....Different countries have different price and warr ...

Maybe as an apple user I've got used to the global warranty and it's advantages nevertheless I hope for an alternative solution for people like me who live in different countries than USA. There are authorised dealers in Turkey but no authorised technical support services.
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vidyograf Posted at 2016-5-25 01:56
Maybe as an apple user I've got used to the global warranty and it's advantages nevertheless I hope ...

I have included your case number to the system and if you are not contacted by tomorrow please let me know.
2016-5-24
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-24 20:59
I have included your case number to the system and if you are not contacted by tomorrow please let ...

Thanks a lot ! You give me hope.
Note : I've already made agreements with some international clients here in Turkey, I mean my company is going to do many video productions for the european union projects in Turkey, so I really have to figure this problem out as soon as possible. Otherwise I might have to outsource the aerial video shootings and this would mean additional costs for the following projects of ours.
2016-5-24
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

vidyograf Posted at 2016-5-24 21:02
Thanks a lot ! You give me hope.
Note : I've already made agreements with some international clien ...

By the way I've started to calculate the approximate shipping costs that I have to pay either by sending the phantom 3 to USA or to Germany, both are going to be expensive and time consuming. Furthermore since I need a drone to make many aerial video shootings on the following months, I guess going for a free repair isn't a reasonable solution for me.

Under these circumstances the question of a replacement rises in my mind. There is someone who lost his drone because of a fly away and he has got a replacement. Here is his video

Is it only possible to get a replacement when the drone is lost ? Sounds unfair to me.
2016-5-24
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-24 20:59
I have included your case number to the system and if you are not contacted by tomorrow please let ...

Hello, i received a reply saying that the only free repair i could get can be from DJI North America
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vidyograf Posted at 2016-5-26 00:39
Hello, i received a reply saying that the only free repair i could get can be from DJI North Ameri ...

I am sorry about that. Unfortunately that could not be the case. They can only repair under warranty.
I've been told that you would have to you can send it here or work out something with the dealer.
2016-5-25
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-25 20:07
I am sorry about that. Unfortunately that could not be the case. They can only repair under warran ...

One question, do I have to contact DJI NA, and send all the forms and stuff that I've sent to DJI Europea once again ?
Also my dealer told me that, I've to send my aircraft to DJI NA but DJI NA is not able to ship internationally, so if I send my aircraft to DJI NA they could only repair the aircraft and that's it, I going to continue living in Turkey and my aircraft stays in USA ready to fly This doesn't even make me sad anymore, I had to laugh bout that

My dealer told me something more, that they could arrange all the shipping for me and that there would be 4 shipping actions in which I would be responsible for all the shipping charges :
1- from me, Turkey to my dealer in USA,
2- from my dealer in USA to DJI NA,
3- DJI NA back to my dealer in USA,
4- my dealer in USA back to me to Turkey.

I'm speechless, all the shipping might cost around 500-600 US dollars in total to me and guess what I'm getting a free repair. So in order to get a free repair I've spend to more than the half of the price of a brand new phantom 3 professional.

Please somebody save me !

2016-5-25
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

Here is my last video recording from my dji phantom 3, since the gimbal-camera-sdcard and battery are lost I could only get the last video recording from my ipad. This is the video from my iPad in which the moment of the crash is not seen but the moment of the return to home failure and the moment things got out of control.

2016-5-25
Use props
vidyograf
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-25 20:07
I am sorry about that. Unfortunately that could not be the case. They can only repair under warran ...

Hello DJI-Ken do you know if DJI NA covers the shipping costs cause my dealer told me that they won't cover any of the shipping costs ?

By the way the company 3dr covers all of the shipping costs if the damage is under warranty.
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

vidyograf Posted at 2016-5-26 04:27
One question, do I have to contact DJI NA, and send all the forms and stuff that I've sent to DJI E ...

I have sent another email to see if there's anything they can do.
And the info your dealer gave you is not correct, if it is a warranty item it ships free from the dealer to us and free back to the dealer. If it's non warranty then the customer pays for the shipping back to them but the incoming is still free (that's US only)The US part of the shipping back and forth it probably under $50 total for both ways.
2016-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules