2919 24 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Made this video last night of the new DJI Multifunctional Backpack. Took over 3 months for it to be sent and after the wait, I'm not all that happy with it.. have a look at the video and make your own mind up if its worth £169. First DJI product I have owned and not been happy with.. Feel kind of sad about that really

2016-5-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the review Sploodge, like you I would have been disappointed with the internal build and design. The original P4 case fitted in there would give much better support and protection for what is really a delicate piece of equipment.

Edit:- You could fit the shaving kit in side pockets though
2016-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's very noisy, thanks for the heads up.
2016-5-24
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-24 10:08
Thanks for the review Sploodge, like you I would have been disappointed with the internal build and  ...

Maybe I will keep it to put my shaving kit in ( yeah I know I need a shave ). Maybe use it as a travel bag for toiletries

Been a busy week or so, no time to shave and fly at the same time ;)
2016-5-24
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the update and taking to the time to do the video review,

I'm so glad I now went with the Phantom Backpack
2016-5-24
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 2016-5-24 13:27
Thanks for the update and taking to the time to do the video review,

I'm so glad I now went with t ...

OMG when I replied earlier today I had not watched the video in full, I would have been so disapointed if I had received this crap from DJI,

DJI what are you thinking releasing this product
2016-5-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Seems like they went with a more or less copy of the LowePro style drone carrying system... ;-)
But I do like their new drone backpack style.
http://www.lowepro.com/droneguard

RedHotPoker

2016-5-24
Use props
dfairchild
lvl.1

United States

I have both the Lowepro CS 400 and BP450 AW. IMO the CS 400 is not very good. On the other hand i really like the BP450, its bigger then i would like but its very protective with ample space. Also the Styrofoam P4 case fits inside the BP450 which i love to use for air travel.
2016-5-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI could have done something similar to the 3DR Backpack i will give 3DR credit their backpack is much nicer..
2016-5-24
Use props
projeffrey11
lvl.2

United States

Mine come with scratches
2016-5-24
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Can you cover the front motors if you do it before you tighten the strap?
2016-5-24
Use props
ahoj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462690 ft
Sweden

Thanks for a nice review! I don't regret going for the Think tank airport helipak instead after seeing this.
2016-5-24
Use props
ric8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

Thanks for the review, I wonder if the PH4 would fit better in that if you put it in upside down, it would get to motors away from the laptop?. Just a thought. Another thought is could a 15" MacbookPro fit in the zipper part of the lid or is the zipper too small?. Thanks again.
2016-5-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ric8 Posted at 2016-5-25 10:24
Thanks for the review, I wonder if the PH4 would fit better in that if you put it in upside down, it ...

The P4 will not fit in upside down ( the pouch kind of flares upwards a little so its a bit smaller at the bottom ). Even flipping the entire P4 and pouch upside down does not fit all that well..

I am not 100% but don't believe a MBP 15" will fit in the side pouch.. iPad Air does bit I think thats close to the limit of what manages to get in through the zipper slot.
2016-5-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-5-25 07:17
Can you cover the front motors if you do it before you tighten the strap?

Not 100% sure what you mean but no way I have tried to fit it, motors that point to the bottom always stick out of the little pouch the P4 fits in..
2016-5-25
Use props
Mafia16
First Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

mine too im super disappointed with these backpack, macbook retina doesn't fit well too.
can you post a picture of your backpack scratch please and thanks
2016-5-25
Use props
ric8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

sploodge Posted at 2016-5-25 17:54
The P4 will not fit in upside down ( the pouch kind of flares upwards a little so its a bit smalle ...

All good it was just a thought, I am in Australia and I was still waiting for this backpack to arrive lucky for me I did not pay in advance for it, after waiting for 2 months I needed something to put it in as I travelled across Australia from Perth to the Gold Coast, a 5 and a half hour domestic flight, so I went to my local RC hobby shop and they had a no brand PH3 backpack for AU$60.00, I just took the foam insert out and my PH4 foam box fits straight in with room for 6 polar Pro filters and the power pack, So after seeing your review I think I will stay with what I have and here in Australia the Multifunctional DJI backpack is AU$339.00 so I thank you for saving me AU$270.00.
2016-5-25
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

I agree with all and more of what you said.

I got it because I am traveling with my P4 for the first time to NY on an airline and as I was packing it, I could not BELIEVE that they just leave the motors exposed! I mean seriously?  Why would I use this over the foam that it comes with which protects it about 20x better.  Now I'm annoyed as hell because I have my flight tomorrow morning at 7am so I don't have time to get one that will actually protect it.

I mean I can see that even the soft part is hard enough that if it's not hit hard it won't damage the motors but if for some reason they make me check it or something like that and this thing gets thrown around in cargo, it's bye bye motors.

I am so friggen annoyed right now because I don't know what I am going to travel with. I have a 9.7, 5 batteries, a DSLR and more and now all I have is a Phantom 4 box.  ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
2016-6-30
Use props
mmarkoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2016-6-30 06:56
I agree with all and more of what you said.

I got it because I am traveling with my P4 for the firs ...

I purchased inexpensive motor caps. Until you do so, why don't you just cover the motors with some bubble wrap or foam padding? Marty
2016-6-30
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft

mmarkoe Posted at 2016-6-30 19:38
I purchased inexpensive motor caps. Until you do so, why don't you just cover the motors with some ...

Just didn't feel safe about it for whatever reason.  Felt safer in the box.  I want the motors covered inside foam nice and safe like the actual box.   I have been traveling with the box it came in (still here) and it's fine. I'll get a good case when I get back but for air travel, that backpack is not for me. Thanks for the advice,

I was looking at it this way,  Say they made me check it for some reason, I would have had to re-book my flight and miss it.
2016-7-3
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

I have been looking at these backpacks for a while now, and been on the fence about buying one, thanx for this review sploodge...

so which one would you recommend, best price for value/saftey of drone?
2016-7-4
Use props
jprocter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292671 ft
United Kingdom

I'm kind of torn between https://www.proav.co.uk/hprc-pha ... U2M0CFbMK0wodvQQJRQ which is a hard case for £160 or the Lowe Droneguard BP 450 back pack, I think I'm talking myself into the BP 450 as I type. Has anyone used either? The other thing I've thought about doing is coating the standard DJI case in U-POL RAPTOR, we've painted several cars in the stuff and it's incredibly tuff (it's essentially truck bed paint, look it up on YouTube it'll even make stuff C4 and fat man proof), I'm unsure if it'll work though, it might just dissolve the polystyrene. I think it's non cellulose based paint though so it might be ok. I'll experiment with the battery cover bit first see how it holds up I'll add some pics of the results.
2016-7-4
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>

Heebus Posted at 2016-7-4 23:13
I have been looking at these backpacks for a while now, and been on the fence about buying one, than ...

http://goprofessionalcases.com/s ... -backpack-s-ss.html
2016-7-6
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

ty, this one looks much sturdier
2016-7-7
Use props
jprocter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292671 ft
United Kingdom

Well I got the Lowepro Droneguard BP 450 aw. I really like it. Loads of room for the drone all its accessories and it'll fit my Osmo with all its accessories too. Here a few pics I've strung together
2016-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules