App losing connection Issue.
3029 20 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matt95
lvl.2

New Zealand

I know this issue seemed to have been brought up lots. I read a lot of forum posts and still havent seen a proper resolution to this.

I had my first couple of flights today with my brand new DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Running the app off a Samsung S6 with the latest OS updates.
The firmware on the Phantom is also up to date (I had to update it thismorning before it would let me fly)

I am having the issue where the app loses connection with the drone, asks if you want to return to home then (i guess) automatically tries to return to home but it times out and the drone is just left hovering there. Both flights this has happened (batteries fully charged on controller as well as drone and phone) it seems to happen when it gets a distance away from the controller (but not far maybe 100ft) and the app connects back to the drone again once it is closer.

This issue seems to be very regular does anyone have a fix?

Currently pretty disappointed in my brand new Phantom!!!
2016-5-24
Use props
andreibucataru.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150131 ft
Romania

hello, mine is doing the same after the last update that i installed a week ago...
2016-5-24
Use props
andreibucataru.
lvl.1
Romania

i am waiting for the next update that i hope it will fix this problem. until last update everything was ok, now i can't fly more than 50 meters
2016-5-24
Use props
romariano71
lvl.1

Italy

it happen also to my p3s.. DJI should do something..
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Matt, did the app show "Disconnected" or "No signal"  at that time? And what about the environment?
2016-5-24
Use props
andreibucataru.
lvl.1
Romania

mine says disconnected and asks me to activate RTH, but i can control the drone, it is responsive to my commands, just the wifi signal is lost and the video becomes black and white, sometimes even when i am near the drone... i saw even the message strong interferences, but i flyed in that areas in the past with the old firmware without any problems...
2016-5-24
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having Similar problems. Hope there is a solution soon, cause this is no fun. Brand new drone. Flying great when I first bought it. But then new firmware came out. And now it's only going 60 percent of distance in same areas as before.
2016-5-24
Use props
andreibucataru.
lvl.1
Romania

quint7, what phone do you use? i am using galaxy s5
2016-5-25
Use props
matt95
lvl.2

New Zealand

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-25 14:48
Hello Matt, did the app show "Disconnected" or "No signal"  at that time? And what about the environ ...

Hello, I went and did some more test flying to try pin point when it is happening.. the answer is all the time almost! I tested the drone in good conditions on a clear evening, large field with  noone or nothing on it to interfere.
I cant even get the aircraft to the min 10m to initiate the follow me mode or anything before it loses signal, screen goes black and white and asks if I want to home the craft. When it gets back closer the signal comes back and i can control via the app again.

I tested on an up to date apple product to rule out the device and had the exact same issues.
The drone flies fine with RC its just blind and cant control the camera... if i just wanted that I would have brought something for $100 off aliexpress, so im not very happy.

Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-16-59.png
2016-5-25
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

matt95 Posted at 2016-5-25 19:52
Hello, I went and did some more test flying to try pin point when it is happening.. the answer is a ...

I was having the same issues and to fix it I did the following:

1) Synced my flight records
2) Deleted the Dji Go App
3) Re-installed my Dji Go App
4) formatted my SD card
5) Synced my flight records

I was having the same issue both in heavy radio areas and no radio areas.

I hope this helps you too!
2016-5-25
Use props
matt95
lvl.2

New Zealand

rreindl Posted at 2016-5-26 01:51
I was having the same issues and to fix it I did the following:

1) Synced my flight records

How did you sync the flight records? I'd this through the app? Did you format the card through the app as well?
2016-5-25
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

matt95 Posted at 2016-5-26 04:44
How did you sync the flight records? I'd this through the app? Did you format the card through the ...

Yes Sync thru the app. There a what looks like a paper airplane then after you get to that screen look in the upper right corner for the cloud with arrows.

For formatting the SD card with everything setup like you are going to fly: go to the camera page (the one you fly from) Hit "Menu" then the wrench and finally the "Format SD Card"
2016-5-25
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

I have the same problem. I install a new firmware 2h ago.. and start flying and first lost signal in 10 meters. Then i get freezing pictures and can't go over 50 meters.. it says again "weak image transfer signal" and screen goes black.

Never install a new software! I have a job to do with this phantom 4 and i can't do it now.. because i got a black screen
2016-5-25
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

matt95 Posted at 2016-5-25 07:52
Hello, I went and did some more test flying to try pin point when it is happening.. the answer is a ...

How can  you tell it to go home if there is no wify signal nor rc signal????? i dont understand that
2016-5-25
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

gerardorejeg Posted at 2016-5-26 00:07
How can  you tell it to go home if there is no wify signal nor rc signal????? i dont understand th ...

This new firmware error is only for fpv link.. the screen goes black but you can control the drone..
2016-5-25
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
United States

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-5-25 17:14
This new firmware error is only for fpv link.. the screen goes black but you can control the drone ...

I was just asking because i also see no rc signal at all..
2016-5-25
Use props
bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

On the p3s try downgrading the FW
2016-5-25
Use props
matt95
lvl.2

New Zealand

gerardorejeg Posted at 2016-5-26 05:07
How can  you tell it to go home if there is no wify signal nor rc signal????? i dont understand th ...

So are you saying the new firmware issues just effect the FPV.. Im completely losing control through the app, its fine to fly manually but I cant do anything on the app.
2016-5-25
Use props
matt95
lvl.2

New Zealand

gerardorejeg Posted at 2016-5-26 05:07

I have RC signal, the app has just completely disconnected. I can fly the craft manually until the battery gets too low and it defaults to return to home. When it loses connection with the app it asks (through the app) if you want to return to home... I dont understand this because you have no connection! But if you click yes return it just times out because it doenst actually have a connection.
2016-5-25
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.3
United States

matt95 Posted at 2016-5-25 19:39
I have RC signal, the app has just completely disconnected. I can fly the craft manually until the ...

yeah thats what im talking about.. it is strange... my concern is.. that  i will cancel rth by tapping.. so what should i do to be on the safe side>>?? tun the rc off???
2016-5-25
Use props
matt95
lvl.2

New Zealand

I just had a flight using Litchi and I didnt drop the connection at all.. I didnt fly it that far but i went to probably 50m altitude and still had video feed.. went back to DJI Go and it drops out on me again. Maybe its something to do with the firmware interacting with the app? Im going to do some distance tests this evening with the litchi app vs the dji app.

Its a bit annoying because i dont trust it so cant do anything too far away or any of the intelligent flight modes.
2016-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules