2 RTH INCIDENTS IN A WEEK!!??
1107 14 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyLens Aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3879088 ft
United Kingdom

We have 3 Inspires and have been experiencing very strange issues with all of them recently. For a bit of background we have flown these things for the last year and have many many many hours flying with no incidents. To have 2 RTH related incidents within a week shows something is not quite right here!

We have been experiencing very persistent weak/no image transmission warnings from multiple inspires and multiple cameras. (yes we have checked connections, ribbons etc)

INCIDENT 1
At one point in the flight the Inspire 1 disconnected - reconnected - was still hovering where it disconnected - initiated a RTH - then said motor obstruction (in mid air) and dropped out of the sky.

Before you ask it was in a wide open space and did not hit ANYTHING. Flight logs back us up by showing it literally dropped out of the sky!

Luckily it was in wide open farmland.  

INCIDENT 2We had another last week initiate a RTH out of the blue while being brought into land and it was only 1foot of the ground. The RTH could not be cancelled by the cancel button on the screen, By pressing the RTH button once or by flicking to ATTi Mode. To make things worse we didn't even have any control of the I1 during its RTH and as a result it ended up going straight up and clipping a branch bringing it back to earth with a bump.

Can any one from DJI help here as its like banging your head against a brick wall trying to explain this to the support teams! Any help from the forum Mods would be hugely appreciated!

2016-5-24
Use props
SkyLens Aerial
lvl.2
United Kingdom

To update Dji have admitted liability for INCIDENT 2  but won't comment on what the issue was.
2016-5-24
Use props
shiddelston
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have experienced exactly the same thing since upgrading to the latest firmware. As per Donnie's instructions I cleaned and checked every single contact and made sure all connectors were properly installed. I have checked the connections multiple times yet I still get weak transmission signal/RTH alerts every time I fly. Something needs to be done quickly, as right now I won't fly in this condition. I think it can safely be said that this is a firmware issue, not a connector one.
2016-5-24
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

And once again, that is why I just ain't gonna update my firmware till all these issues are a thing of the past
2016-5-24
Use props
cindybrown
lvl.1
South Africa

Something very similar happened to me whilst flying the Inspire. I submitted the records and flight paths over two months ago and DJI have not responded or investigated. The damage was extensive as it flew into a tree. Not sure about the way forward now.
2016-5-25
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

this happened to me two days ago.  Lost transmission signal, gimbal disconnected warning, RTH initiated and wouldn't let me control it.  I was only 400ft away no more than 300ft high and i had direct VLOS with no obstructions, trees, power lines, on a clear day.  I had 16 sats.  I too was told to check connections etc.  stripped the connector cables and they were perfect.  The updates being put out have slowed the inspire down, have introduced the battery output warning and have left the inspire feeling vulnerable and less stable in light winds etc.  I have over £10k of DJI equipment and I'm due to eBay the lot!
2016-5-26
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nigpd Posted at 2016-5-24 12:47
And once again, that is why I just ain't gonna update my firmware till all these issues are a thing  ...

what firmware are you running
2016-5-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

shiddelston Posted at 2016-5-24 11:42
I have experienced exactly the same thing since upgrading to the latest firmware. As per Donnie's in ...

Shiddelston, I just want to make sure that you know I dont work for DJI, I just give the best recommendations based on my experience in the RC Hobby. I just dont want to confuse other forum members.  I am just a forum member like you that tries to help others to the best of my ability.

I am very sorry , some of these post are very serious and I too wonder what is going on .  I wonder if this last encryption could have some bugs  in it.  We all want the most secure signal and dont want anyone to be able to hack into our aircraft. I hope that these are just glitches in the system that  can be figured out , hopefully sooner than later.

Shiddelston , if you are getting a RTH everytime you fly and you have folowed all the forum members and DJI ideas, I think you must send it in, it sounds like something more serious than a FW problem.  Sorry I wish I had a fix for you, something more serious must be going on.  You have tried other areas as well to make sure it was not enviromental ?  sorry , the little mouse controling the wheel in my brain is always trying to solve problems ....)

donnie

2016-5-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Are you on the latest firmware, or on the older ones ?  

I  am sorry you are having trouble, this is obviously not your first Rodeo and know what you are doing.  I was just wondering what firmware to see if there is any correlation with the others that are having some RTH issues as well.

Cheers from the USA - donnie
2016-5-27
Use props
SkyLens Aerial
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-27 20:18
Are you on the latest firmware, or on the older ones ?  

I  am sorry you are having trouble, this i ...

Donnie, Both inspires were running on the latest firmware.
2016-5-28
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
Belgium

str1776 Posted at 2016-5-27 19:50
what firmware are you running

App. V2.5.1
Aircraft. V1.6.00.40
RC.  V1.5.70
Camera. V1.3.0.60
2016-5-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

SkyLens Aerial  Posted at 2016-5-28 10:27
Donnie, Both inspires were running on the latest firmware.

Can you rollback to RC version 1.58 and the Aircraft to 1.7 and see if the RTH problem goes away.  
At least try it on one in your fleet ,  and see if the problem goes away.  Also did both incidents hapen in the same area ?  I wonder if this could be an envirmomental problem causing interference.
One other thing, make sure you have the "Hardware Decode " enabled.  Perhaps the processsor is getting swamped causing the RTH.  Also be sure to clear the video cache to lighten the load as well on the processor. Harmeless to implement and try ....
Let me know - donnie

2016-5-28
Use props
SkyLens Aerial
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-28 17:19
Can you rollback to RC version 1.58 and the Aircraft to 1.7 and see if the RTH problem goes aw ...

To update everyone, DJI have analysed the flight data from incident to and have offered free replacement . The engineer report states that the Motor just stopped in mid air and fell to the ground.  Fair play top dji support as they have been quick to analyse the flight logs on both occasions and offer up free replacements on 2 birds in a week!

It would seem that they have sorted out their support system!
2016-5-30
Use props
leanlinao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

The biggest cause of motor obstruction is any kind of addob or payload and even stickers so any chance you had anything on the i1?
2016-5-31
Use props
SkyLens Aerial
lvl.2
United Kingdom

leanlinao Posted at 2016-5-31 09:21
The biggest cause of motor obstruction is any kind of addob or payload and even stickers so any chan ...

Leanlino.....No we are a professional outfit running multiple systems and are fully aware of issues like this.
2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules