still possible to go back with firmware?
1084 3 2016-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shiddelston
lvl.3
Flight distance : 357073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I apologize for asking a question that no doubt has come up before, but I can't seem to find the answer. With the issues with the current firmware, is it still possible to go back one or maybe two versions of the firmware from the most recent one? Right now I don't trust my Inspire as I get constant Weak Image/RTH alerts and I can't let it out of my sight for a second. I need to get it flying again and a step backward in firmware would be more than acceptable to me. I am on the latest Inspire/X3/DJIGo versions.
2016-5-24
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

You don't need to change the GO App as it will work just fine with previous firmware versions.

Download the 1.70.90 firmware from the DJI Inspire 1 download page and proceed as if you were upgrading the aircraft first. Make sure the aircraft is NOT in travel mode and has the camera mounted.  (NOTE: the latest 1.8.1 firmware uses different encryption so both the aircraft AND RC must be upgraded or downgraded appropriately.)

Use Donnie's thread to view the log files to ensure success. If the downgrade wasn't successful, then don't attempt any changes to the RC....

When you have successfully downgraded the aircraft, then mount your mobile device on your RC and with the aircraft powered OFF, start the RC and the GO App.

From the Camera Connect screen in the GO App, press and hold the upper right 'graduation cap' for 10 seconds... the RC upgrade/downgrade screen should appear. You must be connected to the Internet. See if the downgrade is available in the list. Select it and follow instructions.

2016-5-24
Use props
IIIDaemon
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Also what are you using for a Device for the Go App.  the Go app uses quite a bit of power and I have seen cases where the Bar Graph shows  5 bars and the RTH still engages.  This happens quite a bit I have noticed with I pad Mini.

Terry Lewis also provides excellent advice as always, just wanted to make note of the RTH with a weak processor.  ( Like I pad Mini for example )   

What are you using for the Go App. ?

Also be sure to  always  Enable " Hardware Decode " on the go app, it takes some pressure off the processor. Also clear the "Video Cache" as well on regular basis.

Also you can only Rollback one update on the Aircraft, so if at 1.8 only go back to 1.7

Good Luck - donnie

2016-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules