Wireless firmware update on P3 4K
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
orion11
lvl.1

United States

I am still in the initial set up stages with my new P3 4K model.  Last night I synced the remote and aircraft, then was able to connect with the Go app, wirelessly to the units.  I got to the initial camera screen and it did say an update was available.
So, it appeared a bit differant than all the reading I have done about firmware updates.  It said to download the update to my phone (which I am using for an interface), the just hit the button to upgrade the unit.  I did that and the aircraft went thru the beeping, blinking lights and all, and I assume the update finished as lights stopped flashing and turned green.
Now I am not confident that I did actually update everything.  It looked and sounded like it by watching the aircraft but now I am concerned that the drone may be updated and not the remote controller, as I did not really do anything with the controller.
Again, this sounds much differant I know than all I have read about loading the upgrade to the SD card, inserting in in the drone, etc..  I am hoping this is a new way of doing the upgrade from DJI?
If anyone has purchased the P3 4K model very recently, I would appreciate your input on wether you did an upgrade with this method.
Also, is there a way I can somehow check that both the drone and RC are in fact updated to the same version now, and I am good to go.  Anxiously await anyone's help as I do not want to fly it for the first time until I can verify all is well.
I did a small reality check and, after the "upgrade", started the motors and let them idle and that seemed normal anyway (without props of course).  I am afraid at this point to proceed much further.
Thanks in advance all.
2016-5-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The manual explains the updating process.
You can look in the About page and that will tell you what versions you are on, also the overall status will let you know if an update is required or not.
Sine the Phantom 3 Standard and 3 4k are WiFi, they are updated wirelessly.
The P3 Pro/Advanced use the SD card.
The P4 and new M600 use the DJI Assistant2 software.
2016-5-25
Use props
orion11
lvl.1

United States

Excellent, thank you very much sir!!  I will check those status areas, cheers
2016-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules