iPad Air vs Air 2 - Black or white?
1653 15 2016-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skFriberg
New

Sweden

Hello!

So, I got my Phantom 4 about 2 weeks ago, and my iPhone 6S Plus just isn't big enough. I've been looking into the iPad Air or Mini, and I've decided to go with the Air for the bigger screen.

Now to my questions - how much of a difference would it be between the Air and Air 2? I know it's a little quicker and also has an anti-reflective coating on it. Does it matter?
Also, would a white or black bezel be the best choice to get as little reflection as possible?

Thank you in advance,

Simon
2016-5-26
Use props
jwt873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I don't think you can buy new Air 1's anymore..  What Apple sells are probably refurbs.  (I might be wrong though).

I have the first generation Air.   It works great.  The processor can handle the video etc no problem.  I have a friend with the Air 2.  Side by side the 2 is notceably thinner and lighter and has a faster processor, but I haven't noticed any difference in the display.

Mine is white.   I don't know about reflections, (I haven't been bothered) but the white just looks like it belongs in the Phantom's device holder.

You might consider the iPad Pro 9.7.   I haven't done a side by side comparison, but it supposedly has a brighter screen that is easier to view.  One day I'll get by our local Apple store and check out a 9.7 Pro
2016-5-26
Use props
skFriberg
New

Sweden

jwt873@gmail.co Posted at 2016-5-27 03:18
I don't think you can buy new Air 1's anymore..  What Apple sells are probably refurbs.  (I might be ...

Thank you for your input! Good to know about the Air 1 vs Air 2. There are still a couple of the Air 1 for sale in the shops here in Sweden

White definitely looks better on the device holder, indeed. Also, the iPad Pro is such a jump up in price, especially because I want the cellular version.

I will go for a white Air 2 unless I change my mind (again) before the store opens in a couple of hours. Thank you once again
2016-5-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hi, I also chose a white iPad Air2 64gb Cellular. Not just because it looks good with the white RC, but to stay cool in the Sun when flying mid day.
The Air 2 already has a built in heat sink to help disperse any internal heat, so white seems right. The IPU can handle everything our power hungry Go app can throw at it.
Congrats on the Phantom purchase and welcome to the forum. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-5-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Simon, if you want to use it under the sun, it is recommended to use a sunshade to block the sunlight.
2016-5-26
Use props
skFriberg
New

Sweden

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-27 08:33
Hello Simon, if you want to use it under the sun, it is recommended to use a sunshade to block the s ...

The white iPad Air 2 it is! Hopefully it will not disappoint :-) Thank you RedHotPoker

DJI-Paladin, I will definitely look into getting a sunshade. Maybe you have any to recommend? Would most mount only to the iPad, remote control or both? Thank you!
2016-5-27
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-5-27 07:33
Hello Simon, if you want to use it under the sun, it is recommended to use a sunshade to block the s ...

Yes but DJI do not make a sunshade for the IPad Air only the mini
2016-5-27
Use props
skFriberg
New

Sweden

Exib Posted at 2016-5-27 16:54
Yes but DJI do not make a sunshade for the IPad Air only the mini

Surely there are some third party ones right? The only problem is finding a good quality one.
2016-5-27
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

Hi Simon,

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new bird!

The iPad Air 2 White Cellular 128gig here. The white bezel doesn't reflect much of sunlight, don't forget to use an anti glare screen guard, and there are lots of third party sunshades out there. Yup you're right about quality. You might want to ask around which will be the better ones, and might as well check http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-4/

Cheers,
Hans
2016-5-28
Use props
skFriberg
New

Sweden

vandruten Posted at 2016-5-28 13:41
Hi Simon,

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new bird!

Cheers vandruten!
A matte screen protector and a 1ft long cable is coming tomorrow. Been looking around for a sunshade, but all of them have half good/half bad reviews. If only DJI made a perfect one that I could buy...

That website will help loads, thank you yet again!

Simon
2016-5-31
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

skFriberg Posted at 2016-6-1 06:30
Cheers vandruten!
A matte screen protector and a 1ft long cable is coming tomorrow. Been looking a ...

No worries, buddy! Enjoy and have a safe flight!
2016-5-31
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skFriberg Posted at 2016-6-1 00:30
Cheers vandruten!
A matte screen protector and a 1ft long cable is coming tomorrow. Been looking a ...

Did you find a sunshade?
2016-6-1
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an iPad Pro 9.7 and a 12.9 that have a lot less glare than the Air or the Air 2.    No matter what you use, if you're going to be in the sun, you'll need a sunshade.  The glare is too much on ANY iPad in direct sunlight.
2016-6-1
Use props
skFriberg
New

Sweden

Exib Posted at 2016-6-1 12:58
Did you find a sunshade?

Still looking for a high quality one with good reviews. Most have half good reviews, half bad. I'd rather pay more for something I know I would be content with!
2016-6-6
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skFriberg Posted at 2016-6-6 22:06
Still looking for a high quality one with good reviews. Most have half good reviews, half bad. I'd ...

Strange that DJI do not make one
2016-6-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

skFriberg Posted at 2016-5-27 08:43
The white iPad Air 2 it is! Hopefully it will not disappoint :-) Thank you RedHotPoker

DJI-Paladi ...

Yeah, Cool Running. Hahaha good for you, chosen very wisely Grasshopper!
I know you won't be dissapointed. These are work horses and run the Go app clean.

RedHotPoker
2016-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules