Phantom 3 Advanced fails to execute
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

I recently bought a Phantom 3 Advanced from Amazon. After receiving the quadcopter, I watched every tutorial and read every article I could find to familiarize myself with the bird.  When I finally felt competent enough to start the bird, I turned on the controller, and proceeded to start the bird. I used the proper procedure for starting, first tapping the button once and then pressing and holding it down for 2 seconds. The bars lit up, then ran back down to 1 bar and shut down. I ha
ve no idea of what I could be doing wrong. I am very disappointed, as I really want to fly this fabulous bird. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

TIA

Charlie~

2016-5-27
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

You want the bars to go up, not down. When the bars goes down it is shutting down. When the bars goes up, it is starting up. Did you charge the battaery first?
2016-5-27
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.2

I think you are only pressing the battery once....you need to press the on button once...then press it again and hold briefly and release.. it takes a moment to get used to
2016-5-27
Use props
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

FAS1 Posted at 2016-5-27 20:47
You want the bars to go up, not down. When the bars goes down it is shutting down. When the bars goe ...

The bars do go up. They then fall back to one and then go out. I am ensuring the battery is fully charged.
2016-5-27
Use props
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

FAS1 Posted at 2016-5-27 20:47
You want the bars to go up, not down. When the bars goes down it is shutting down. When the bars goe ...

The bars do go up. They then fall back to one and then go out. I am ensuring the battery is fully charged.
2016-5-27
Use props
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

zenbuddhist@sbc Posted at 2016-5-27 21:19
The bars do go up. They then fall back to one and then go out. I am ensuring the battery is fully  ...

This is a very weird board, methinks. Not like any I have ever used!  
2016-5-27
Use props
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

Waxwings Posted at 2016-5-27 20:57
I think you are only pressing the battery once....you need to press the on button once...then press  ...

I will give it another go, but I am sure I am doing it right. Thanks for the suggestion!
2016-5-27
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

I remember having some issues like this when I first got my Phantom 3.   Eventually you'll figure it out.   It's rare that you would get a bad battery or charger.

The initial charging can be confusing.   Plug in the controller and leave it plugged in for about 6 hours ...or until all the lights are out.

Do the same with the battery.    It takes a LOT longer to charge the batteries the first time.   IIRC, I had to leave mine plgged in overnight the first time.   I was certain it was bad.   But it was not.

If you've left them plugged in for at least 6 hours and all the charging lights have come on, and have gone out again, you can test the voltage of the aircraft battery at the two large terminals with a voltage meter.
You should have around 15volts
2016-5-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

zenbuddhist@sbc Posted at 2016-5-27 21:21
I will give it another go, but I am sure I am doing it right. Thanks for the suggestion!

Can you please post a video, I think you are not doing the sequence quick enough. Press, let go then quickly press and hold for a few seconds.
Also, in the Academy section of the app is a bunch or tutorial videos and the full PDF manual and flight simulator. From the home page, tap the upper right icon (graduation hat).
If you stiill cannot power it on then please post a video.
2016-5-27
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

You might be waiting too long after the first press. Do the first press and release, then press it the 2nd time (and hold) right away, without waiting for the lights.

Don't even look at the lights, just do a Tap-Release-LongTap.

TA-TAAAAAAAAAAAA!
2016-5-27
Use props
zenbuddhist
lvl.1

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-5-27 22:09
I remember having some issues like this when I first got my Phantom 3.   Eventually you'll figure it ...

Thanks for the information Cessna172. The manual gives no info on charging times. It's strange, but the bird battery will show all 5 bars when taken ioff the charger, but when plugged into the bird, it does not. It makes me wonder if your suggestion is correct in assuming I have not charged the bird battery long enoungh. I will plug it in tonight and leave it charging all night and make another try tomorrow. I hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Charlie~
2016-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules