Phantom 3 disaster waiting to happen!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

DJI really needs to take this video transmission problem seriously.  I have tried every doctor temp fix mentioned.  Heck I even factory wiped the iPad Air 2.  Just now tried the Channel 13 and 4km setting.  Same old problem.  Weak transmission & get these frequent screen refreshes like its turning a page.   Doesn't matter if I'm 6 feet or 200 feet away.  Problem has been confirmed by me in 2.8.0 & 2.8.2.   My old work ipad has 2.3.0 and it's flawless video.  

The Diaster waiting to happen.... A few months back I got a compass error and GPS went out.  It never did recover during that flight.  I had to fly it soley by video feed.  What if that scenario happened again and I lost video as well!?  I'd be screwed. RTH would be useless.

Why can't you just roll back whatever you did to break it,  create a 2.8.3 app and post it?  Meanwhile FIX,TEST, TEST, TEST what you orginally intended to do in 2.8.2, and create a new version when it's cleaned up?

How much is that to ask?   I'm an IT guy.  If and whenever we experience problem, we rollback the most frequent update and work backwards.  Furthermore, we have test groups rather than pushing the updates to the entire fleet of computers at the same time.

This all seems so simple to fix.  I really expected and thought there would be a fix today.  
2016-5-27
Use props
Ken R.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 212303 ft
United States

Me too! I noticed it right after update, Screen keeps refreshing and blinking, Its setting on my desk! Its not going up till they do something about it!
Why does it seem they break more then they fix? Its my IPad 2 and IPhone 6 which worked great till update!
2016-5-27
Use props
sorka95032
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

The GPS went out or just the compass? When you lose video feed, do you also lose telemetry data such as location, altitude, speed, etc?

Was the P3 out of VLOS. Even if it was just a dot on the horizon, there are a few simple things you can do to establish direction so you can get it generally coming back in your direction.

If you still had telemetry and even a rough GPS location, couldn't you fly based on that at least to get it headed back in the right direction?
2016-5-27
Use props
digdat0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft

So my observation is that the right folks at DJI may not be aware of the severity problem, despite the fact that there are lots of reports here. Product engineering often looks at call center stats, the volumes, patterns, spikes and issues, not the online forums. This is because forums are free, the call center contacts have a fixed cost so it gets noticed. Usually they only take action if someone is yelling and screaming that the severity is big enough and its costing the company money. Product Engineering is usually working on the next feature, the next release and are probably more focused on new stuff and the P4 than the P3 and DJI Go issues.  Bugs like this are a distraction, not a priority. Plus, its bad PR to publicly acknowledge that an issue exists.

Want a fix? Call them and report the bug. Support phone calls cost them money, and thats how information flows to Engineering usually.
2016-5-27
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

sorka95032 Posted at 2016-5-27 19:17
The GPS went out or just the compass? When you lose video feed, do you also lose telemetry data such ...

I definitely lost GPS at the time.  It was a rather windy day.  This was very VLOS maybe 150-200' up.  It was quite scary.  As I would fight the winds to get it above me so I could decend, the wind would drift it several houses down from me.  It was easier for me to use video than VLOS due to trees and other obstructions. I honestly thought it was a goner.  I fortunately caught a brief break from the wind.   This was shortly after I got it.  I'm a much more experienced pilot now.  

I'm just saying, If you lost GPS & video, it could be disastrous.  In regards to compass, I've had that get knocked out too.  If you fly in some good winds and she gets knocked around a bit, it can quite easily give a Compass Error. You can get a compass error just picking it up off the ground and carrying it while its powered on.

I just wanted the video issue fixed ASAP.
2016-5-27
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

Last night I learned about the Charles program to downgrade the GoApp.   Relatively easy to do if you follow the video.  I went to 2.8.1.  Still had some flickering in the video.  I didn't even bother with trying 2.8.0 on my ipad air 2.  I have this version on my Samsung S5 and it had video problems too.  Today I went to 2.7.2 and it works great again.  No flicker and No Weak image transmission problems.   Flew 18 min without a problem.  After that flight I did the 32 channel mod for extra piece of mind.  Easy mod to do.  I did another flight and works perfect as well.  I'm gonna stay with 2.7.2.    Anything in the 2.8 series seems to be buggy.  I'm running 1.8 on the P3P.
2016-5-28
Use props
Waxwings
lvl.2

tpetersen97 Posted at 2016-5-29 08:12
Last night I learned about the Charles program to downgrade the GoApp.   Relatively easy to do if yo ...

Hi any chance you could post a link to the video?
2016-5-28
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi I just don't connect my tablet to the internet so I don't get these troubling updates. True I can't get the map image. However, I don't get these update problems either. " If it ain't broke why fix it"?
2016-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules