Loss of range, but is this the same problem everyone else sees?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sorka95032
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

I've had my P3P for a week. I live in an area of mostly farm country so it's fields and wide open. On the firmware that came with the P3P, I pushed it to 10000 feet (3000 meters) at 400 feet high without any loss of controller or video signal.

Updated the firmware last night. sd card on AC to 1.8.80. and 1.6 via the latest android app over the usb cable since the thumb drive method no longer works after 1.3 apparently.

Just did my first flight and got 3600 feet (1100 meters) at 400 feet (along the same route that I could easily hit the 3000 meters before) and started getting intermittent loss of video transmission. Now the video didn't cut out but it got jerky and flashed loss of video every 15 seconds or so. As soon as I got closer than 3000 meters it cleared up. I was afraid to push it further.

LOS the entire time. Antennas ponted up and maybe a few degrees back(to keep perpendicular to AC) and parallel up and down as before.

Again, this is one flight. I suppose I should do a few more. Maybe there was some sort of freaky interference from a cell tower a few miles away or something.

2016-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules