Firmware Upgrade Problem
1727 13 2016-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darren.ntponds
New
United States

Hello,

I went to upgrade my firmware on my phantom 3 professional.  I downloaded the firmware, unziped it and put it on the memory card.  I put it into the drone and the red lights stay solid and the yellow blink like crazy.  I left it for 90 minutes and nothing has changed. It hasnt made any sounds.  Ive tried to reboot it and do it again with no luck.  What should i do?

Thank you
Darren
2016-5-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's the led above the camera on the gimbal you should be looking at. Flashing green/red means update in progress, solid green means completed, solid red means update failed and you should try again.
2016-5-28
Use props
darren.ntponds
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-28 13:19
It's the led above the camera on the gimbal you should be looking at. Flashing green/red means updat ...

Its solid green.  I turn it off pull out the card and it doesn't have a text file.  I turn the drone back on and it won't connect to the remote which was also upgraded
2016-5-28
Use props
darren.ntponds
New
United States

darren.ntponds Posted at 2016-5-28 13:21
Its solid green.  I turn it off pull out the card and it doesn't have a text file.  I turn the dro ...

When i turn on the remote and the phantom it says "RC signal lost"
2016-5-28
Use props
dingmanb
New

United States

darren.ntponds Posted at 2016-5-28 13:28
When i turn on the remote and the phantom it says "RC signal lost"

Same problem. Can't find a fix!
2016-5-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You are downloading the correct version of update for your Phantom Pro ? Should be P3X_FW_V01.08.00800.zip

Then  extracting the .bin file directly onto the SD card (i.e. not in any directory ). Power down insert card and power up.

Then try re-linking RC (V1.6) to aircraft.
2016-5-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Darren, please make sure you have downloaded the correct firmware as what Aardvark says.What's more, after upgrading the drone, you can check the result file in the sd card. 升级指示灯.JPG
2016-5-28
Use props
darren.ntponds
New
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-5-28 13:11
You are downloading the correct version of update for your Phantom Pro ? Should be P3X_FW_V01.08.00800.zip

Then  extracting the .bin file directly onto the SD card (i.e. not in any directory ). Power down insert card and power up.

I installed a newer vesion then one you stated,  I downloaded that one and plugged the memory card into the drone and it does not install.  Is there a way to blank out the memory?
2017-7-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

darren.ntponds Posted at 2017-7-23 16:31
I installed a newer vesion then one you stated,  I downloaded that one and plugged the memory card into the drone and it does not install.  Is there a way to blank out the memory?

Did you unzip the file before placing it on the card?
2017-7-23
Use props
darren.ntponds
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-23 16:39
Did you unzip the file before placing it on the card?

oops. I just realized this post was from last year.   

I just updated both the controller and the phantom itself. Controller was fine but now after upgrading my phantom v1.11.20, it has solid red light and fast blinking yellow. Not connecting anymore to the app.  The little green light above the camera is solid green and the file says successful update

How do i fix this?
2017-7-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

darren.ntponds Posted at 2017-7-23 16:51

I just updated both the controller and the phantom itself. Controller was fine but now after upgrading my phantom v1.11.20, it has solid red light and fast blinking yellow. Not connecting anymore to the app.  The little green light above the camera is solid green and the file says successful update

If you have solid red lights on the arms of the aircraft, the manual says this means a critical error.
2017-7-23
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

darren.ntponds Posted at 2017-7-23 16:51

Solid red at front is correct. Flashing yellow on rear status indicating LEDs means either not communicating with RC (flashes about twice a second), or no GPS received (flashes slower, once a second .). You may need to pair RC and Aircraft. Or move outside for betterGPS reception.

Edit:- front lights are 'Navigation' lights and are always on and red unless you chose to switch them off in DJI Go. The rear lights are aircraft status indicators, there's a table in the manual giving all the combinations and their meanings.
2017-7-23
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Put your quad in bind mode and link it to the controller. There are YouTube vids on linking your phantom.
2017-7-24
Use props
darren.ntponds
New
United States

Sasquad Posted at 2017-7-24 01:21
Put your quad in bind mode and link it to the controller. There are YouTube vids on linking your phantom.

Worked perfectly, thank you
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules