INSPIRE 1 DOWN FOR 2 MONTHS AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE!!
1062 6 2016-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RodShelley
New
Flight distance : 123110 ft

Right now, I'm pretty damn disgusted with DJI. My Inspire has been grounded for almost two months after the last firmware update (1.8) and I CAN'T GET ANY HELP from anyone!! I've tried the DJI forum - no one there seems to give a damn. I've tried Atlanta Hobby where I bought it, and they don't even have the courtesy to respond. I had to write a letter to the owner to get anyone to respond at all.

Basically, my problem is this; After the last firmware update, I get a message on the GO App that says "RC CONNECTION LOST." The app connects to the camera, but will not connect to the aircraft itself. When someone from Atlanta Hobby finally condescended to call me, he said to downgrade the firmware on the aircraft to 1.7, which I did. Now the GO App tells me the controller needs an upgrade, but when I go to 'Overall Status' it says the aircraft and camera need a firmware update. WTF???

I am EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED at this point. I spent 2900.00 to be able to fly and create videos, not to have it sit on my counter. Right now I have a 2900 dollar paperweight, and am rapidly losing all respect for a company I was a big fan of before this happened.

Can someone from DJI please help get this fixed???

2016-5-28
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Rod. First. This is the DJI Forum. Your issue has been covered many, many times here on the forums and I've yet to see ANYONE who was looking for help not get very detailed info on how to resolve it. I would suggest you do a search or just scroll through some on the threads here and you'll find what you're looking for.
2016-5-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Rod, please make sure both or your drone and RC have been upgraded to latest. The latest fw for drone is 1.8.1 and RC is 1.6.0.Then after upgrade successfully, try to re-link them.
2016-5-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-5-28 15:00
Rod. First. This is the DJI Forum. Your issue has been covered many, many times here on the forums a ...

What flightime1 said, the issues you are having are well documented and there are fixes for it on this forum, you have to look.
2016-5-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rod,
I'm sorry you are having troubles for 2 months. Whenever you have an issue, in you are in the US please call 818-235-0789 and they will get you up and running. If you are out of the US, contact DJI support through email or chat and they will also get it resolved.
What happened was the firmware was updated on one but not the other. With 1.8, both the aircraft and RC have to be on the same firmware version otherwise it will not work.
Also, if you are on the correct versions (1.8 A/C & 1.6 R/C, or 1.7 A/C and 1.5.8 R/C) and you get flashing yellow lights then all you have to do is relink the A/C t the R/C as the video above shows.

If you still cannot get up and running, please post and myself or another member can give you suggestions.
2016-5-29
Use props
camapumjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6926509 ft
Brazil

I am on the same situation this new firmware
The firmware 1.80 1.60 it's not good too many drop and week signals it just impossible to fly with it and once you upgrade its impossible to rollback the radio .
Please DJI fix it !
image.png
image.png
2016-5-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

camapumjr@hotma Posted at 2016-5-29 16:25
I am on the same situation this new firmware
The firmware 1.80 1.60 it's not good too many drop and ...

You can rollback the Aircraft to 1.7 and the RC to 1.58 No Problem.  You just cant go any further back with out special files and Know how.

If you need any help ( rolling back to above )  and cant find it here, let me know and I will help you.  

donnie

2016-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules