Camera off center......
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sorka95032
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

My camera is off center just slightly and it results in the left popping into view from time to time even when just hovering.

Can others look and tell me if they see this:

2016-5-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

First thing is to perform a gimbal cali8bration. If, after that it still points to one side, you can adjust it manually. There is a set-screw that tightens the gimbal arm to the motor in the body, you should be able to loosen it with an Allen Key, then adjust rthe position very slightly to straighten the camera. It may take several tries to get it right.
2016-5-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

The first thing to do is to check the gimbal azimuth set screw and make sure it is tight and on the flat of the shaft.  By the way, you are NOT alone in this problem.  Many of us have found ourselves in the same situation.  Mine was like that when I got it and still is today.  I'm trying to work it back toward center, but it is hard to make it stick slightly off the flat.  IMU and gimbal calibration does no good.  If it bothers you feel strongly enough about it, you can try sending it in for repair.  If it comes back fixed, great!  If not, I don't know.  There are many of them out there like this.
2016-5-28
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

If it's not too much to ask, can anyone take a picture of the Allen screw and shaft in question. I don't seem to have this problem but it's always nice to learn the trick in case I have to fix it.
2016-5-28
Use props
sorka95032
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-28 17:40
First thing is to perform a gimbal cali8bration. If, after that it still points to one side, you can ...

Thanks. I've done the calibration many many times of course. I'll look for the screw.
2016-5-28
Use props
sorka95032
lvl.2
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-5-28 19:02
The first thing to do is to check the gimbal azimuth set screw and make sure it is tight and on the  ...

I'm not going to send it in for repair. If I can't get it fixed here I'm returning it for exchange or refund since I just got it.
2016-5-28
Use props
sorka95032
lvl.2
United States

Is there anyone reading this thread that can confirm they don't have this issue?

2016-5-28
Use props
michaelfinney_h
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi My P3S seems to be straight.
2016-5-28
Use props
sorka95032
lvl.2
United States

The allen screw is on really tight. Tight enough that I don't want to risk it trying to loosen it.

It's too bad DJI doesn't provide an offset adjustment so we can manually center the gimbal
2016-5-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for the inconvenience caused,Sorka. If the IMU and gimbal calibrations don't help, I'd suggest you to get in touch with our tech support. Here is the contacting information: 北美地址.JPG
2016-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules