Severe problem with my new Phantom 4
1192 4 2016-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roark
lvl.1

Canada

Hey guys,

Super worried about a potential bad phantom 4. I think I can still return it to amazon. It's been working flawlessly but today when I went to fly it I lost all signal on my iphone. It wasn't too far away and I could still see it in the sky, but man did I panic. I didn't mash the buttons or anything and eventually (after I walked underneath it hovering in the sky) the image came back on my phone.  I landed it safely but wow - bad adrenlaine dump now. Anyway - now in the saftey of my home,  I'm noticing that the image on my phone is constantly garbled when it's connected to the camera.

Will they exchange it still you think?  It seems like a hardware defect.

2016-5-28
Use props
DanielMyst777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145276 ft
United States

This is a bug with the newest DJI GO app version 2.8.2. This affects lots of drones on difference devices so you are not alone. We are all expecting an app update sometime soon next week. Just remain patient and I would advise against flying your Phantom 4 with DJI GO 2.8.2.

There is an option to revert back to 2.8.1 but it requires some work and a computer. Either wait for the update or revert back. I feel your pain on this one man.
2016-5-28
Use props
roark
lvl.1

Canada

DanielMyst777 Posted at 2016-5-28 18:36
This is a bug with the newest DJI GO app version 2.8.2. This affects lots of drones on difference de ...

Wow that's insane. So many newbies will no doubt crash because of this. It's really a panicky feeling - even with just moderate obstacles around. I feel bad for the people who don't check the forums for stuff like this.

I' had even printed out the return label from amazon. And found the old shipping box. I guess I'll hold off. Watch now, I'll be the one guy who had an actual hardware problem and for everyone else it was just the app.

2016-5-28
Use props
SajidShah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

I Saw Many Ppl in forum had a same issue but Always got same answer that just adjust ur remote antenna..like that like this ................  
2016-5-28
Use props
roark
lvl.1

Canada

Ok...finally managed to downgrade the app.

My drone camera and connection is working perfectly again. Zero issues.

Thank god. I was so worried.
2016-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules