what would cause gps to stop working?
794 6 2016-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jacklscott3
New

So I've been flying with the Naza m v2 for a year now with no problems. I normally plug it in and within 30-60 seconds I would have all green lights on my LED, If I remember right my osd would show 9 sats. Now all of the sudden, when I plug it in it takes much longer and Only ever acquires 5 sats. (So it stays at 2 red blinks on LED indicator) after 4-5 minutes it will sometimes find a 6th sat. But it never gets past that to show me all green.
I tried to calibrate the compass again, did not help. I also read dust can cause an issue with signal acquisition, so I tried taking apart the drone and cleaning it, also to no avail.

Any thoughts?
This came out of no where, I flew it one day, no problem. Tried the next day, from same location, and boom it won't acquire satellites.
2016-5-28
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Any trees nearby?  That have leaves now,  but didn't during the winter?  A possibility.
2016-5-29
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

How's your weather over there? Is it heavily cloudy? I found that flying in cloudy days will reduce the amount of satellites detected.
2016-5-29
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

vandruten Posted at 2016-5-29 18:37
How's your weather over there? Is it heavily cloudy? I found that flying in cloudy days will reduce  ...

GPS  is an all-weather system and not affected by clouds or rain.
2016-5-29
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-5-29 15:54
GPS  is an all-weather system and not affected by clouds or rain.

Well good news for us pilots with monsoonal seasons then.
2016-5-29
Use props
vandruten
lvl.3

Indonesia

But I'm sure I'm getting less satellite readings when its cloudy. Maybe its only in my bird.
2016-5-29
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

vandruten Posted at 2016-5-29 19:03
But I'm sure I'm getting less satellite readings when its cloudy. Maybe its only in my bird.

The number of satellites you can connect to varies all the time - but it has nothing to do with weather conditions.
2016-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules