Wifi Only Ipad (3rd Gen) and DJI Go
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kstpeter29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3819 ft

I am finding conflicting info in my searches, but I can't seem to get my Ipad to work with the DJI Go app. When I plug everything in and turn it all on (while on a wifi network), it just sits at the opening screen (where it says to connect your device/How to connect). However, I am able to control the gimble and the Ipad shows the charging icon in the corner.

I've seen some posts that say the older Ipad's dont work, or that I need one with cellular so as to have GPS- but then I've also seen posts that mention map caches and then being able to use non-cellular devices. I can't seem to figure out how I would cache any maps as I can't even get past the "Connect Your Device" screen. Could it be a faulty cable? (Its an older style, 30 pin to USB cable, which shows no issues when used for charging)

Any ideas? FWIW, my Galaxy Note 5 works great, just would be nice to be able to take advantage of the larger screen the Ipad offers.

2016-5-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Your iPad is too old to work properly with the Go App, pure and simple. But to clear up the other point about cellular capability, you do not need cellular capability unless you wish to use the 'follow me' feature or set the home point to the position of the RC unit. For many people, those features are not important.

If you need maps, then you can cache them prior to flight. Go into settings and switch on 'cache maps in background' then open the mapping function and zoom in on rthe area you will be using then move around the maps. They will then be cached the next time you use the iPad.
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello kstpeter29, here is a list of our support device list. Hope it helps:
兼容列表.JPG
2016-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now