Lost connection at 20m
1012 6 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
daverower
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33570 ft
Australia

This is strange. I can fly my standard over 450m away no problems but i cannot go above 23m without losing conection. I tried going up at 300m but still after approx 23m altitude it disconnects. It cant be the aerial orientation as at that distance the aerials are almost parrallel.

Of course this happened after the lastfirmware update.

Up until now I was very impressed now very disappointed.
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello daverower, what are the maximum range and altitude ? Did the drone activate RTH when it lost its signal?
2016-6-1
Use props
daverower
lvl.3
Australia

If i stay under 20m i easily go 400 metres away but if i come back to a distance of 1oom i still cannot go over 20m altitude. Yes it comes up with RTH but strangely i have a red light up on the transmitter and no signal but am able to decrease altitude.
2016-6-1
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

User reinzneal Posted something cool

http://forum.dji.com/thread-52471-1-1.html

The Steps :
1. Download the firmware at http://phantomhelp.com/Mobile/Phantom-3-Standard/#FirmwareArchive and select the fw that you want .bin file format

2. Insert the file to sd card, outside folder, and must be the only one .bin file format

3. Turn on the RC and the drone without sd card until it connect (RC and Drone)

4. Connect to DJI GO App (to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app)

5. Insert the sd card. Then the downgrade process is starting and rear led will turn to yellow and there will be beep sound from the drone (it is normal). See at DJI GO app, there will be status bar show the downgrade process. If the rear led becomes green it means the process is complete, you also can see the succes notice at DJI GO App.

6. Restart the RC and Drone, connect DJI GO App, check the FW. Finish.

I hope it can help the issue of 1.6.80 firmware for Phantom 3 Standard

NOTE : DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!
2016-6-1
Use props
daverower
lvl.3
Australia

Tried firmware downgrade but didn't work txt file says current firmware doesnt support downgrade
2016-6-1
Use props
theo54au
lvl.1
Philippines

Wouldn't it be nice from DJI to include a downgrade option in the next FW? After reading all the nightmares about "no signal" and "lost connections".
There are quite a few pilots here who wish they could download and install older versions so they can fly safe again.
Remember, updates are not always better. If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
2016-6-1
Use props
daverower
lvl.3
Australia

Looks like ythey are right about this forum. You tell them your problem they ask you a question you answer them and then never hear back.
Probably worst customer service I have ever come across.
2016-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules