Invalid Battery
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

Someone please help.. I have the DJI Phantom 3 standard. I bought 2 extra batteries upon purchase of the drone (so I have 3 now). 2 days ago all three batteries worked fine, and I flew the drone on all 3. The next day I updated my firmware and now 2/3 batteries are registering as invalid batteries. I get The "Battery Signal Error" message on my phone. I have checked many times to see if the battery is pushed in all the way, as mentioned in previous posts... I cleaned the batteries, drained all the power from them and recharged them. Nothing has worked. Again, the batteries were all fine the day before, until I updated the firmware. Tell me it's a joke that updates will make some batteries obsolete! I had to return the DJI Phantom 2 because one of the motors was defective! I'm starting to think DJI is NOT the way to go for drones! Can anyone help me with the Battery issue please?
2016-6-1
Use props
Beto NYC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550472 ft
United States

genuine batteries?
2016-6-1
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello VASciullo, are these 2 extra batteries manufactured by DJI?Do you try to clean the connectors on your drone?
2016-6-1
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Can you post photos of the batteries here?
2016-6-2
Use props
sevadu
lvl.2

Netherlands

My guess is that you need to update the firmware on the other 2 batteries. The one that's currently working is probably the one you had in the P3 while updating, correct?

If so, try updating the other 2 batteries. Here's a tutorial for that procedure:

2016-6-2
Use props
Beto NYC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550472 ft
United States

how much did you pay for those extra batteries?
2016-6-2
Use props
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

Beto NYC Posted at 2016-6-2 09:29
how much did you pay for those extra batteries?

$99.99 each.... 2 of Powerextra 15.2V 4480mAh LiPo Replacement Battery for DJI Phantom 3 Drones DJI Phantom 3 Professional,DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and DJI Phantom 3 Standar
Sold by: Powerextra
2016-6-3
Use props
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

endotherm Posted at 2016-6-2 04:54
Can you post photos of the batteries here?

2 of Powerextra 15.2V 4480mAh LiPo Replacement Battery for DJI Phantom 3 Drones DJI Phantom 3 Professional,DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and DJI Phantom 3 Standar
2016-6-3
Use props
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

2 of Powerextra 15.2V 4480mAh LiPo Replacement Battery for DJI Phantom 3 Drones DJI Phantom 3 Professional,DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and DJI Phantom 3 Standar
2016-6-3
Use props
AlfexOmega
lvl.2

United Kingdom

They aren't genuine batteries, that's probably why you're getting the error.
2016-6-3
Use props
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

sevadu Posted at 2016-6-2 06:50
My guess is that you need to update the firmware on the other 2 batteries. The one that's currently  ...

The green LED is steady on my drone with each battery. each battery says the firmware is updated, but I still can't get the battery to not show "battery signal error"
2016-6-3
Use props
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

VASciullo Posted at 2016-6-3 08:44
2 of Powerextra 15.2V 4480mAh LiPo Replacement Battery for DJI Phantom 3 Drones DJI Phantom 3 Pr ...

I just noticed that on the other batteries it says "compatable with PH3". The battery working fine is an actual DJI battery. I'm guessing this may be the problem with the batteries. It's just weird, because I have updated firmware in the past with no problem to any of the batteries. Is there a way to upgrade each phantom 3 battery even if it reads the batteries have the updated firmware?
2016-6-3
Use props
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

AlfexOmega Posted at 2016-6-3 08:44
They aren't genuine batteries, that's probably why you're getting the error.

Such a shame. I bought them when I bought the drone. The batteries have had firmware updates in the past and have worked fine. Is it just that this particular update made these batteries obsolete now? Any ideas for solutions?
2016-6-3
Use props
VASciullo
lvl.1
United States

THANK YOU, to everyone that responded to my post. I appreciate the feedback. I think the problem is that these batteries are pretty much knock off batteries. Although they survived a firmware update before with no problem and worked fine for several months. I think the issue is as simple as the batteries are only "compatible" with the drone and not actually genuine DJI batteries. Now I know! Thanks again... P.S. If anyone may have a solution to this, other than throwing out these batteries, please let me know.
2016-6-3
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

One user is attempting to find someone with dead genuine batteries, probably so they could swap the good cells from the knockoffs into the shell of the dead batteries. There must be a chip or something that IDs them as genuine  There's one path for you if you are so inclined.

Another thought: you could sell them at a loss with a full disclaimer. "For those of you already using knockoff batteries that have sworn off firmware updates, boy do I have a deal for you!". That would be better than take the full-price hit, eh?

One last note: some day probably soon, the 3 series batteries will start to sell at close out prices, since the 4 series is out now and they seem to be blowing out 3 series UAVs. Once UAV stock is depleted, left over batteries could sell for a lot less. It's anybody's guess when or if that happens though.

Chris

2016-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules