battery problem....?
3074 19 2015-1-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mattys1982
New

United States

I went out to fly my phantom, when I turned it on and tried connected to the Vision app there was a message on the screen saying "invalid battery". I replaced with a new battery and got the same message.  The batteries are both fully charged and the Phantom has power going to it, but the propellers wil not start up...any help/suggestions?! thanks!
2015-1-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Check the 2 small push pins in the Phantom where the battery plugs in.  Make sure  they are not stuck and work freely.
2015-1-20
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Can you post screen shot of your current firmware updates from assistant software? Unlikely both batteries are at fault. Also ensure the contact plates from the battery telemetry pins have good connection inside the phantom.(there spring loaded)
2015-1-20
Use props
Mattys1982
New

United States

Screen Shot 2015-01-20 at 6.16.59 PM.png
I am getting a message saying "not a dji intelligent battery" there is also a small red light lit up on the side of the phantom
2015-1-20
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I would  First re load updates, and cycle the phantom between each update. And Gerry idea.
2015-1-20
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Mattys1982 Posted at 2015-1-21 07:23
I am getting a message saying "not a dji intelligent battery" there is also a small red light lit u ...

One of those 2 push pins is not making contact with your batteries and giving you "not intelligent battery" message.
2015-1-20
Use props
Mattys1982
New

United States

I checked the push pins and they seem to be working properly.   not sure what else could be wrong but thanks for the help guys.. i appreciate it
2015-1-20
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Used to be easy fixing electrical and mechanical problems, it seems  to be all software problems now. Same with my cars/pc/tablet etc. No need for engineers anymore, just programmers.
2015-1-20
Use props
mauriciobuenfil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4803 ft
Mexico

Mattys1982 Posted at 2015-1-21 07:42
I checked the push pins and they seem to be working properly.   not sure what else could be wrong bu ...

I've been having issues with Firmware 3.10.

The morning after updating it, flew the P2V+ V3.0 until depleting one batt. I took it down and then replaced the batt for a charged one and it was just after finishing the start sequence that the "MC: Invaild Battery" legend came up in the VISION App. Replaced it for another charged one and same story. GPS starts, the camera works, gimbal levels, gets 13 satellites but there's no engine start.

Checked out YouTube and forums and some said it had to be something with the small spring connectors at the battery bay. That wasn't my case.

When I connected the phantom to my Mac, the Assistant Software alert said that my battery wasn't valid. Downgraded the Firmware from 3.10 to 3.8 as adviced by DJI and upgraded the Assistant Software by downloading the 3.8 version straight from DJI's website. Also read that someone had issues with the iOS VISION App 1.0.46 and waited for DJI to release the latest version - as they said through a pop up in the App - which they did just a few hours ago.

Already updated the iOS VISION App App to 1.0.48 and I am still getting the "MC: Invalid Battery" message.

Any ideas?
2015-2-6
Use props
hay168.yahoo
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I have same matters with u , fully charged battery, but still detected as an invalid battery , I don't know why?
2015-2-7
Use props
kenjic
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here. I am running the latest iOS app 1.0.48 and I have the 3.8V installed software. Both batteries are not that old and I have never had any problems with it in the past. I tried everything but nothing seems to work. Any updates on this issue?
2015-2-7
Use props
mauriciobuenfil
lvl.1
Mexico

Any updates here? I Am still getting the same MC Invalid Battery issue with the Vision App. Checked the Software Assistant update screen and all four batteries report to have firmware Version 0.0.0.0...out of ideas! has anyone found anything? Expecting news from the retailer tomorrow...hope he got an answer from the guys in China about this.
2015-2-9
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

mauriciobuenfil Posted at 2015-2-10 00:21
Any updates here? I Am still getting the same MC Invalid Battery issue with the Vision App. Checked  ...

Looks like you are having issues with the smartbus communication.  You already checked the two spring loaded pins for function so now you'd have to check if the cable that connects between the main board and the two pins is OK and if the plug on the MB is secure.  May also want to check the continuity between the pins and the plug on the MB.
2015-2-9
Use props
mauriciobuenfil
lvl.1
Mexico

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-2-10 00:35
Looks like you are having issues with the smartbus communication.  You already checked the two spr ...

Thanks for the advice! Would I be voiding warranty i doing so? I've had the P2V+V3 for one mothe at the most...

Cheers...
2015-2-9
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Yes it would void the warranty and since your unit is new I'd send it back for warranty repairs
2015-2-9
Use props
kenjic
lvl.1

United States

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-2-10 00:35
Looks like you are having issues with the smartbus communication.  You already checked the two spr ...

being that I have the same problem with the invalid battery error and all my software and apps are up to date, yes I checked the pins and the springs. Nothing changed from my last flights and they seem to look completely fine. I really believe it's a software issue
2015-2-9
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

kenjic@mac.com Posted at 2015-2-10 04:59
being that I have the same problem with the invalid battery error and all my software and apps are ...

I see your point but you also have to see that here are many folks with that same firmware and they don't have that issue.  Nevertheless there is always a chance that an update has gone wrong for some.  Retry the firmware updates if you like but outside of that I don't know what you can try to fix it without voiding your Warranty.
2015-2-9
Use props
kenjic
lvl.1

United States

Just to update everyone, I cleaned the battery connectors with a QTip and alcohol and that did the trick, it works now! Thanks for the suggestions
2015-2-9
Use props
jeffmcrae52.ema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5341982 ft
  • >>>
Australia

kenjic@mac.com Posted at 2015-2-10 09:08
Just to update everyone, I cleaned the battery connectors with a QTip and alcohol and that did the t ...

Also use Deoxit gold on contacts and pins
2015-2-9
Use props
mauriciobuenfil
lvl.1
Mexico

Glad to hear it worked kenjic. I followed you and did the Qtip + alcohol trick...but still no luck

Now very worried about this.
2015-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules