Phantom 4 ND Filter
1072 6 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffreyhewat
lvl.1

Hey I just got my Phantom 4 and I've been trying to take the existing filter off to put on the ND i ordered with it. Have not had any luck unscrewing, even tried rubber gloves. Any suggestions? I don't want to break the camera/gimbal.
2016-6-2
Use props
My Flying Eye
lvl.2

Personally I had no problem unscrewing mine but the technique is NOT to grip tightly as that will bind the thread.  
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just make sure you follow the left/loose, right/tight mantra with a little bit of patience. It is a good idea to use rubber gloves as you were, the more friction you have with the least amount of pressure is ideal.
2016-6-2
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft
United States

gently grasp the ring with at least 3 fingers to evenly disperse the force, use a bit of a rocking motion as you apply counterclockwise torque and it should eventually come loose.  and try to grasp the very outer edge of the ring, not over the threaded portion.
2016-6-2
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft

Get a rubber band (preferably the wide type) and wrap around the case of the filter.. It should come off with ease.  :-)  
2016-6-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My Flying Eye Posted at 2016-6-3 03:40
Personally I had no problem unscrewing mine but the technique is NOT to grip tightly as that will bi ...

I am with you i had no issue unthreading mine either it was effortless
2016-6-2
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

Canada

Mine came off effortlessly with the three finger technique but I bought one for my father and his was a PITA to get off and took a little while. We eventually got it off after applying a small drop (I do mean very small drop) of sewing machine oil and allowed it to soak in for a few hours then it came off nice and smooth.
2016-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules