Tilted horizon
831 4 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lriley4673
lvl.1

United States

I'm having trouble with tilted horizons in my pictures and videos. I've tried calibrating the gimbal but I've still had some problems. Is there something I can change in the settings to fix it?
2016-6-2
Use props
juliovincentyjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829908 ft

No. The majority of us are having the same issue. You can make a gimbal adjustment but it will go back to the tilt. I believe you can also press the C2 button and turn the dial on the right side until it's leveled. There are a few threads all about this. Do a search and you will see its a common problem.
2016-6-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which Phantom do you have, and at latest build ?

I just updated my P4 yesterday (1.1.410 & DJI GO 2.8.3), prior to that I had been getting intermittent problems with horizon, seemed to happen after a yaw turn, then would level itself out after a short while.

The Juries still out but After my upgrade I did all calibrations Sensor cameras, IMU, Gimbal, RC controls & Compass. I then hovered and set my camera (using grid overlay in camera settings (the spanner)) so that it was dead level by holding the C2 button and using right wheel to set level. I flew later yesterday afternoon and grabbed about 30 minutes of video. I cannot see any example of tilted horizon in this video, so I am now hoping that this has been resolved.
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Adjusting the gimbal roll is definitely something you can do. If you have not done so already, I would recommend performing an IMU calibration then a Gimbal calibration in that order to try to correct the issue before adjusting the roll manually.
2016-6-2
Use props
lriley4673
lvl.1

United States

Ok thank you. I have the p4 and I just updated it so I'll try adjusting tomorrow
2016-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules