Phantom 3 Beer Drop from 400ft up and 1/2 mile away
2859 35 2016-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

Still very new to the forum!!
I designed a release mechanism for my phantom 3 advanced, attached a beer with a parachute, and flew it a 1/2 mile away at 400 feet. Released the can of beer and it parachuted down to a farmer who drank the beer!! He loved it!!
2016-6-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Pretty cool video and mission..
2016-6-2
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I am suspicious of your claim.  Was it the Phantom you could see at that range,  or was it,  as I suspect,  The BEER!!!.  Either way,  nice job,  and a potential money maker if you have friends who aren't supposed to be drinking at some outing,  like an AA meeting for example.
2016-6-2
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

Finally, someone took the Phantom to Critical Mission Level!

J.C.:
Do you or a friend have access to a helicopter too?
2016-6-2
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

Visual Air Posted at 2016-6-3 08:27

Thanks man!!!
2016-6-2
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-6-3 08:51
I am suspicious of your claim.  Was it the Phantom you could see at that range,  or was it,  as I su ...

Lol, my eyes where focused on the beer, I didn't want any alcohol abuse to happen, drones can be replaced I guess beer can too..!

Ohh man could you imagine the scramble if a good old beer came floating down at an aa meeting? Lol that is the funniest thing I have heard in a while!!!
2016-6-2
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

net_box Posted at 2016-6-3 08:59
Finally, someone took the Phantom to Critical Mission Level!

J.C.:

Haha, thanks man, I did build a contraption that pours a jag bomb in flight and lowers the drink down to the consumer, its in another video you might like it!
I do have access to 2 helicopters and about 3 small fixed wing aircraft. Was in the commercial piloting industry for years.
2016-6-2
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Visual Air Posted at 2016-6-2 17:27

Hey,  I like your avatar.  Do you get your gear the same place as Rossi,  or is that actually Rossi when he was with Ducati?
Anyway,  I ride as well.  Here is a shot of me,  just backing it in:

2016-6-2
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft

Hahaha I love beer, and I love phantoms, and that was perhaps the best quad video ever!
2016-6-2
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

South Korea

It might be useful in Tijuana, Mexico for package delivery
2016-6-2
Use props
MartW
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This seems very irresponsible!....I like it! Brilliant, keep up the good work!!! Nice to see you've beaten Amazon to the idea, now quickly patent it and watch the money roll in.
2016-6-3
Use props
Boblanglois52
lvl.3
Flight distance : 129567 ft
United States

Freaken Awesome!
2016-6-3
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

kdcox Posted at 2016-6-3 12:48
Hahaha I love beer, and I love phantoms, and that was perhaps the best quad video ever!

Lol thanks!!!
2016-6-3
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

MartW Posted at 2016-6-3 16:02
This seems very irresponsible!....I like it! Brilliant, keep up the good work!!! Nice to see you've  ...

Haha, thanks!!
2016-6-3
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-3 15:33
It might be useful in Tijuana, Mexico for package delivery

I will meet you at the boarder, 1am sharp!
2016-6-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very clever. Be careful with your releasing mechanism. You may bet blamed for releasing other things.
2016-6-3
Use props
dkruseski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791184 ft
United States

Ha! Love it. You should start doing this around the country, kind of a good will tour to promote drones.

Nothing allays irrational fear like a beer.
2016-6-3
Use props
net_box
lvl.4
United States

I would love to use something like that for releasing fishing bait out there when I fish from the shore!It will be great if  can fish further out using the P4!

Any hints how to use such a release mechanism?  

In my case, it may be as easy as placing some rubber bands, since I will have a link with the fishing line
between the P4 and my fishing pole?
2016-6-3
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

United States

dkruseski Posted at 2016-6-3 21:06
Ha! Love it. You should start doing this around the country, kind of a good will tour to promote dro ...

I would love to bring peace to the "public" and quash the fear of drones!!
2016-6-3
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

United States

net_box Posted at 2016-6-3 21:25
I would love to use something like that for releasing fishing bait out there when I fish from the sh ...

I  do use this for fishing  just got back from the gulf of Mexico surf fishing, had some killer video. Unfortunately the  flight home TSA of Houston stole my go pro and tablet and my bag of SD cards...  ohh well, I do have some instructions al videos on my channel hat will show you how it works. Fishing has never been better!!! I have a penn senator 9/0 reel that holds about 3/4 mile of heavy line, I was fishing 1/4 to 1/3rd mile out all day from the beach,
2016-6-3
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396470 ft
United States

Why did they take your go pro?
2016-6-3
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

VERY Cool videos, but would really NOT show anyone how to add or make these changes to a drone.  
You might face some serious legal issues if someone decides to use that information for more illegal, terrorist tactics, or some idiot gets hurt by doing this.  Keep this technical knowle to yourself and just show cool beer videos.

You could face lawsuits and legal action if someone repeat your instrcutions and someone got fatally hurt, as I think the FAA and other feseral agencies might not like the idea teaching payload mechanisms.

2016-6-3
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

United States

185EZ Posted at 2016-6-4 01:15
Why did they take your go pro?

It was stolen  by TSA in the checked baggage, they have big problems with theft,
2016-6-3
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

microcyb Posted at 2016-6-4 01:33
VERY Cool videos, but would really NOT show anyone how to add or make these changes to a drone.  
Yo ...

Thanks for the kind words, I think you raise a good point, I think I am going to take your advice and take the videos down. Better to keep people in suspense anyway!
2016-6-3
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Singapore

Have you thought about using a plane to go fishing with it? Just add a mechanism to cut the cable if the fish is too big to pull up...
2016-6-3
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-4 10:46
Have you thought about using a plane to go fishing with it? Just add a mechanism to cut the cable if ...

I do have about 5 rc planes in my fleet, I might just have to equip one with floats!! I am working on a killer surprise for my 100th video!!! Should be late this summer!!
2016-6-3
Use props
dragondidetc
New

Waaaay too cool! Nice house too btw!
2016-6-3
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Kegstandkyle@gm Posted at 2016-6-3 18:34
Thanks for the kind words, I think you raise a good point, I think I am going to take your advice  ...

Yea, seen way too many people asking (even in here) how to do this so they can attach guns and other weapons onto a drone.
We must keep the idiots from knowledge like this.
BUT keep the beer/booze videos!!! That is awesome!
2016-6-4
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

microcyb Posted at 2016-6-5 01:40
Yea, seen way too many people asking (even in here) how to do this so they can attach guns and othe ...

Yeah I hear you there, I mean if someone wants it bad enough they will get it. There are tons and tons of release mechanisms commercially available, but yeah I am working on an airsoft uzi platform as we speak.. I am sure people will be "harassing me for the tech" once they see it lol!
2016-6-4
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

dragondidetc@ho Posted at 2016-6-4 15:13
Waaaay too cool! Nice house too btw!

Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words!
2016-6-4
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-6-3 12:23
Hey,  I like your avatar.  Do you get your gear the same place as Rossi,  or is that actually Ross ...

Yes its when Rossi was with Ducati.
I am a huge fan of Rossi and have a signed Knee puck from him when i saw him race in San Marino Italy.
2016-6-5
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Kegstandkyle@gm Posted at 2016-6-3 18:34
Thanks for the kind words, I think you raise a good point, I think I am going to take your advice  ...

I really wouldn't worry about it. I mean, come on... There are people attaching guns to drones... What he did in this video was creative and completely harmless.
2016-6-10
Use props
edavison
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493681 ft
United States

Most awesome use of a drone that I've seen yet!!!
I can't wait until the day we can place our order and BEER will fall from the sky (hopefully a little closer to where we are waiting though)!!!
2016-6-10
Use props
Ricky Wu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1360719 ft
Hong Kong

Good job
love your work
2016-6-16
Use props
Kegstandkyle
lvl.2

United States

Ricky Wu Posted at 2016-6-16 19:34
Good job
love your work

Thank you!
2016-6-16
Use props
Jan.clef
New

Awesome how do you build the drop systhem ?
2016-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules