Error message but my Drone running fine.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ali_zee_17
lvl.1

I bought a Phantom 3 standard and did all the updates and it said all the updates went fine but it says "get firmware version failed".

This is exactly what it says.

Current Version:1.6.80
get firmware version failed
Select firmware version

Then it doesn't give me a version to download.

I've flew it a few times with zero problems. Should I be worried?

2016-6-2
Use props
DJI JUSTICE!!!!
New

United States

I would actually be weary of updating the device. They have Major issues with the latest updates that will render your drone flightless like it did mine and many others. So if i were you i would not update at all and enjoy the drone while you can. Or return it and get a different maker because if you do end up having issues it is likely you will not get any help in the matter from DJI
2016-6-2
Use props
ali_zee_17
lvl.1

From as far as I can tell I have the latest update. Unless I'm mistaken.
2016-6-2
Use props
ali_zee_17
lvl.1

Is the file corrupted? It tells me I'm safe to fly and I have GPS.
2016-6-2
Use props
DJI JUSTICE!!!!
New

United States

Then I would Say you are Lucky! Most people upgrading are having issues connecting to their drone after the update and mine lost signal five feet away from me mid flight and drove itself right into a tree. its now broken. I sent it out for repair today and i wont be surprised if they try to make me pay for the repair. They are not very helpful at all and they are denying all issues with the new software. I am glad you have not experienced the same issue yet though!!!! hopefully you never will!
2016-6-2
Use props
ali_zee_17
lvl.1

Anyone? should i be worried?
2016-6-2
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

No. No worries. If it flies fine, then it flies fine, no need to worry unless it isn't.
2016-6-2
Use props
digdat0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft

ali_zee_17@hotm Posted at 2016-6-3 08:08
Anyone? should i be worried?

I think you are okay. Delete the BIN file from the card and check the version in the app. If it says you are on latest, you should be on the latest. If not, i'd format the card, redownload the firmware and go at it again.
2016-6-2
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

digdat0 Posted at 2016-6-2 19:22
I think you are okay. Delete the BIN file from the card and check the version in the app. If it sa ...

my son just got he p3 standard what firmware should he run? the latest 1.6  or can he use the firmware it came with thanks for you info
2016-6-2
Use props
digdat0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft
United States

str1776 Posted at 2016-6-2 21:50
my son just got he p3 standard what firmware should he run? the latest 1.6  or can he use the firm ...

The latest for standard is v1.6.80 .. but if the drone is flying well, you may not need to update. Your call, but v1.6.80 is the latest.
2016-6-3
Use props
str1776
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22530 ft
  • >>>
United States

digdat0 Posted at 2016-6-3 09:22
The latest for standard is v1.6.80 .. but if the drone is flying well, you may not need to update. ...

I checked the bin file on the sd card in the pc and it said success , so ..... hell it worked ..
I swear I thought it said failed on first attempt.
2016-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules