IMU2 Calibration fail
1368 8 2016-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
samo
New
Flight distance : 9810 ft

Hi.My P4 lost control and crashed a week ago. Needed to replace the landing gear and everything looks good. The drone flies but got a couple of errors.
1- IMU2 Calibration fails at 26%
2- Compass error, no matter how many times I did it (Please see attached images).
After a test flight, I also noticed that the video transmission is not the same as it was before. I disconnect around 62meters away now!

I've tried the "Cold Calibration", but didn't work. DJI help is a nightmare. Was on the phone for over 4 hours waiting to speak to a customer service rep but no luck. The chat function is a joke, representatives were obviously chatting with 20 more customers and  were not knowledgeable.

I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Thank you
Sam

image1.PNG

image1.PNG
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with contacting our Support team. Did you happen to receive any sort of Ticket number, if so, could you happen to provide it to me? There may be some internal issues after the crash that would need to be addressed via a RMA.
2016-6-3
Use props
tom.breathnach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
Ireland

In your IMU, one of ether gyro or accelerometer sensors is probably stuck in position, lots of people have fixed this by taking the IMU out and giving it a hard slap on its side. It's in a very sturdy casing, just 4 screws on each leg to undo...
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

tom.breathnach Posted at 2016-6-4 06:09
In your IMU, one of ether gyro or accelerometer sensors is probably stuck in position, lots of peopl ...

Removing the IMU is not a 4 screw removal process, plus any warranty would be voided by attempting to open up the aircraft.
As Jamie suggested, it's best if you send it in to be repaired.
You crashed it, even if you get it working you don't know how long it will work for or what other damage the crash may have caused.
2016-6-3
Use props
tom.breathnach
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
Ireland

No, it's not a for screw removal process, thats just to get access to the NAZA. After that there's a bit more to do. I should have made that clear....

Ken,

I just made a post on the forum here , can you or someone else please advise me. I need to get my gimbal controllable again. Thanks
2016-6-3
Use props
samo
New

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-4 05:35
I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with contacting our Support team. Did you happen to receive a ...

Thank you for the reply, Jamie
No, I don't have a ticket number, you think I should get one? Where to start that process?

Thank you
Sam
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

samo Posted at 2016-6-3 23:53
Thank you for the reply, Jamie
No, I don't have a ticket number, you think I should get one? Where ...

You would get one started by emailing the North American office at support.us@dji.com. Their office won't be open until Monday but it will automatically generate a Ticket number that could be followed up with. If I misread your location, let me know so I can get the right regional contact for you.
2016-6-4
Use props
samo
New

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-5 00:27
You would get one started by emailing the North American office at support.us@dji.com. Their office ...

Oh, yes. I've emailed them, but I was asking for parts at the time. They replied with "you will need to ship the drone to us".
I live in San Francisco, California. So I guess the LA office?

Thanks
Sam
2016-6-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

samo Posted at 2016-6-4 13:33
Oh, yes. I've emailed them, but I was asking for parts at the time. They replied with "you will ne ...

That would be the place. If you happen to have an old ticket number from that time, I can follow up with them when they are open on Monday.
2016-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules